This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't mean to be ungrateful but come on Valve.. L4D2? You can do better.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't mean to be ungrateful but come on Valve.. L4D2? You can do better.
2 years ago#41
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Keyeszx posted...
They could have given us nothing.

its almost like they did.

but they DID give you something, so shut up.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
2 years ago#42
SkilzMC posted...
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Keyeszx posted...

they didn't give me anything. They gave me the option to download a mediocre game i have no interest in, while simultaneously taking away my ability to pay them for games actually worth a damn.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
2 years ago#43
my_name_is_Ed posted...
SkilzMC posted...
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Keyeszx posted...

they didn't give me anything. They gave me the option to download a mediocre game i have no interest in, while simultaneously taking away my ability to pay them for games actually worth a damn.

Oh I'm sorry they didn't find a game that caters to your specific tastes, want a tissue?

First world problems much? Get over it.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
2 years ago#44
SkilzMC posted...
my_name_is_Ed posted...
SkilzMC posted...
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Keyeszx posted...

Oh I'm sorry they didn't find a game that caters to your specific tastes, want a tissue?

First world problems much? Get over it.

I'd much rather have a game worth a damn. I'd get more use out of the tissue than L4D2.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
2 years ago#45
Kosba_2142 posted...
Or they could give out nothing, would you still be complaining then?

But I did get nothing from them. . . Those who supported Valve and bought it before got nothing, and those who didn't got rewarded. Backwards way of thanking your customers.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
2 years ago#46
I dislike the fact that they did it on Christmas day. Yeah I get the point it was suppose to be a gift but lets look at this realistically. Most gamers already own this. Only people who are gamers will actually be checking anything remotely game related today. Most people like me have a limited time to actually go on my computer today. I actually wanted to buy Payday 2. I heard it's good but I'm sat here after everyone has gone to bed trying to add a steam gift voucher code I got as a present to the store so I can buy it. I only have 10 in my wallet and it's 11, my luck haha.

Heck I didn't even know L4D2 was free until a few hours ago when I tried to access the store.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
2 years ago#47
Already have it, so they gave me nothing but poor service today.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
2 years ago#48
this game is garbage, uninstalled, lulz
---
2500k @ 4.8ghz ~
2 years ago#49
So it says you have to install the game to keep it in your library, does anyone know if i would have to pay for it again if i uninstalled after the giveaway is over?
2 years ago#50
they gave me nothing but poor service today.

This is the most legit complaint you could have about this whole ordeal.

"I already have the game" well too bad
"I wanted a better game" well too damn bad
"I don't want the game" so don't get it then
"I wanted to buy something but I can't because steam is screwed up because of idiots getting free L4D2" Yes... that's messed up.

They should have put the "free L4D2" on a server by itself so that only the people trying to get freebies are affected. OR maybe they should have made it like a deal where you are put in a queue and if you want it you can "reserve" the copy but the game won't actually be added or installed until the servers are in a condition to do so.

Oh well... Valve is the one that's losing out the most since I'm unable to give them my money.

does anyone know if i would have to pay for it again if i uninstalled after the giveaway is over?

Generally if it's attached to your account it's yours to keep installed or not...
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't mean to be ungrateful but come on Valve.. L4D2? You can do better.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived