This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i think i had weird virus on my notebook

#1MaryJHappyPosted 12/25/2013 1:51:41 PM(edited)
few weeks ago, while i was watching videos on youtube, my notebook went black screen. after that happened, it won't even boot to window. it showed acer logo(my laptop brand) and then showed _ (underspace bar for loading screen) and then went back to acer logo screen again. it was stuck in that loop forever. at first, i thought it was ram problem so i switched it to new memory but it didn't fix the problem. so i thought it would be hard drive. i was gonna send my hard drive for replacement since it was still in warranty period but before that, i decided to give reinstalling windows a chance. i deleted and format my ssd and clean installed windows 7 and guess what it's working fine now.

i suppose there's some sort of virus that makes you unable to load window. i think i read it somewhere that there's this virus called black death that burns hard drive and make your system completely unusable some time ago. i guess this was it?
#2happyscrub1Posted 12/25/2013 1:53:43 PM
Should of just restarted in safemode to figure out what you did to @#$% your laptop.
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#3MaryJHappy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 2:11:39 PM
unfortunately, none of f4, f5, f8 trick worked. only place i could go was acer setup screen and i had to make my optical driver to boot before ssd to reinstall. if i could enter safe mode or windows at all, i would have tried it first. :(
#4fataliPosted 12/25/2013 2:53:44 PM
That is not how virus work, is most likely a corrupted system file.

If your PC can't boot anymore then the virus can't spread or steal any of your info, so it's 99.9% sure is not a virus.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.