This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Finally finished Alan Wake after starting it a year ago

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Finally finished Alan Wake after starting it a year ago
3 years ago#11
The atmosphere of the forest was great. The trees in the distance were very spooky.
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
3 years ago#12
I loved the entire game. So much so that I played through it two more times. I even really enjoyed the combat.
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/BOBtheMASTER.jpg
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
3 years ago#13
I agree with TC, I give it a straight C.
3 years ago#14
calcycle posted...
The atmosphere of the forest was great. The trees in the distance were very spooky.

I've seen a lot of people praise the atmosphere but the moon pretty much makes the game look like it's set in daytime with a blue sun. It certainly didn't spook me at all; everything was too "mild" or moderate, very little contrast.

Oh, and the "jump scares" are hilarious. Every time something "unexpected" happens they play a sharp note as if it's supposed to be shocking. It's almost hilarious.

The things the Taken say are really hilarious though. I don't think normal people would even go around saying slogans like "Fishing can be a hobby and a job!" (paraphrased).
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
3 years ago#15
I thought it got better as it went along, especially with The Signal and The Writer DLC. But yeah, initially, the game was repetitive as hell, and I only kept playing because of the story. I did enjoy the concert/stage defense level though.
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
3 years ago#16
I thought the game was great, but the DLC seemed like a really bad afterthought.
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
3 years ago#17
I played through the first... Chapter? And found it thoroughly dull. The story may have potential - It was genuinely creepy, but the gameplay... Ye gads the gameplay.... That was beyond atrocious.
3 years ago#18
Golden_Gonads posted...
I played through the first... Chapter? And found it thoroughly dull. The story may have potential - It was genuinely creepy, but the gameplay... Ye gads the gameplay.... That was beyond atrocious.

See i can deal with mediocre game play for the sake of a good story, so I think I'll enjoy the rest of Alan Wake.
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Finally finished Alan Wake after starting it a year ago

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived