This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel kinda bad for Valve's IT guys.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I feel kinda bad for Valve's IT guys.
3 years ago#1
Having to work on Christmas.

At least I saved my extra $2.50 before the time ran out.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
3 years ago#2
Clearly don't have the same personnel on staff at Nintendo, the eShop has been down most of the day and I don't see it coming back up any time soon.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
3 years ago#3
Maybe they don't celebrate Christmas.
3 years ago#4
Lots of people have to work on Christmas...

Look at all the fatalities on the road, as example. I'd rather be working at Valve than pulling bodies out of cars.
Maximum Magilla Mustard
R<3B forever xx Nutbug
3 years ago#5
Hospitals, police stations, fire departments, many stores and food chains, movie theaters, gas stations... I wouldn't be surprised if upwards of 33% of the workforce still had to work today. Maybe even more. It's a bummer for the Valve guys, but they're definitely not alone.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
3 years ago#6
bluemoogle posted...
Hospitals, police stations, fire departments, many stores and food chains, movie theaters, gas stations... I wouldn't be surprised if upwards of 33% of the workforce still had to work today. Maybe even more. It's a bummer for the Valve guys, but they're definitely not alone.

A lot of those places who are known to be busy during Christmas usually hire Muslims to work during those days, though.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
3 years ago#7
Hey, not everyone celebrate Christmas. I also know someone, he said every holiday means it is a chance for him to earn extra money from the overtime pay.
3 years ago#8
From: Flaktrooper123 | Posted: 12/25/2013 9:20:57 PM | #007
Hey, not everyone celebrate Christmas. I also know someone, he said every holiday means it is a chance for him to earn extra money from the overtime pay.

Lots of ew jays working at Valve?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk
3 years ago#9
ChromaticAngel posted...
bluemoogle posted...

A lot of those places who are known to be busy during Christmas usually hire Muslims to work during those days, though.

I'm sure this is sarcasm.
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
3 years ago#10
ChromaticAngel posted...
Having to work on Christmas.

At least I saved my extra $2.50 before the time ran out.
\

Feel sorry for Valve's IT guys..... Hell feel Sorry for me. I've had to work both Christmas Eve and today and im a 911 operator and Ambulance and Helicopter Dispatcher. No matter How much the IT guys have to deal with is nothing compared to what im having to deal with.
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I feel kinda bad for Valve's IT guys.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived