This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can my build hold up to the next gen consoles.....

#1muscle_man69Posted 12/25/2013 8:49:01 PM
Or will i lose my master race statues in the next few years.
I been hearing a lot of talk that the new consoles [PS4 specifically] are giving modern PCs a run for their money and tomb raider remade will be superior.

I'm still sporting my 3GB 7970, 8 GB DD3 and I just replaced my MOBO so I can try a fx-8350.

How do I stack against next gen machines?
#2AltmadragonPosted 12/25/2013 8:54:09 PM
1. Your tower is already better than ps4

2. Master race is a dumb thing to consider yourself part of, unless you believe master race = owner of all current consoles+Pc... Then -highfive-

3.tomb raider remade... What.... You mean a PORT.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#3MasterDonGeroPosted 12/25/2013 8:56:08 PM
Your rig is more powerful. Now, think about it; if your rig is more powerful than the consoles now and the consoles will always have the same hardware, won't your rig always be more powerful than this generation of consoles?

Or are you talking about whatever consoles come out next?
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#4LoshadtPosted 12/25/2013 9:03:41 PM
People are vastly overestimating the next generation consoles. As far as horsepower goes the Xbox One is a complete joke, and while the PS4 isn't laughably weak like the Xbone it's still mostly bark and very little bite. If you can do 1080p at 60fps with medium settings on most games then I would say your computer already beats both of them out.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#5muscle_man69(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 9:04:48 PM
Altmadragon posted...

2. Master race is a dumb thing to consider yourself part of, unless you believe master race = owner of all current consoles+Pc... Then -highfive-

I jest and from what I heard. Tomb raider is not a port and it is using new graphical effects and tress FX at 1080. If I can recall correctly I remember Tress FX raped my graphics card. It basically chewed 25+ frames from my game. Yet again it is a new version for the next game so maybe PC could have far more benefits from it in the future. Only time will tell.
#6AltmadragonPosted 12/25/2013 9:07:40 PM
muscle_man69 posted...
Altmadragon posted...

I jest and from what I heard. Tomb raider is not a port and it is using new graphical effects and tress FX at 1080. If I can recall correctly I remember Tress FX raped my graphics card. It basically chewed 25+ frames from my game. Yet again it is a new version for the next game so maybe PC could have far more benefits from it in the future. Only time will tell.

That'a a port.

They are basically taking 360/ps3 version of the game upping the graphics a bit an putting it on ps4/xb1.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#7muscle_man69(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 9:14:04 PM
Altmadragon posted...
muscle_man69 posted...
Altmadragon posted...

That'a a port.

They are basically taking 360/ps3 version of the game upping the graphics a bit an putting it on ps4/xb1.

I'm not arguing any absolutes. I'm just repeating what they said.

"No, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is not a port of the PC game. Definitive Edition
was rebuilt from the ground up for next-gen consoles. The X360, PS3, and PC
editions were where we started from; and then we added an improved lighting and
shadow caster system, more detailed storytelling visuals, massive amounts of more
particle effects, a fully simulated physics world, and the new next-gen Lara."