This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Gone Home really, really good?

#31SgtInfinityPosted 12/26/2013 10:51:50 AM
you can literally beat the game in less than 5 minutes. I have a gif of the game being beaten.
#32Eclypse9810Posted 12/26/2013 1:02:08 PM
Has less gameplay then that crappy Slenderman freeware game that was floating around a year or two back.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
#33wizardmonPosted 12/26/2013 1:12:29 PM
SgtInfinity posted...
you can literally beat the game in less than 5 minutes. I have a gif of the game being beaten.

read the thread, it's been posted.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#34AiphremPosted 12/27/2013 4:08:14 PM
It's not very long (2 hours, 3 at the most if you read EVERYTHING you find), but it's definitely worth it. I just finished it and it does an amazing job at f***ing with your head and making you expect stuff. Also the story is very sweet and all that jazz.
---
Ooooooooaaaaaaaaak.....
3DS friend code: 3368-1709-7010
#35calcyclePosted 12/27/2013 4:11:33 PM
My friend played it and he said that for the price of a movie ticket it was good, anymore than that and it would have been a rip-off

he also said while there were 4 story threads going on during the story all of them are underdeveloped.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#36Serenity_edgePosted 12/27/2013 5:37:15 PM
When a game is GOTY material, it has be where I'm comfortable paying whatever price tag is attached to it. I can't say I'm willing to drop that on Gone Home.

Off of a Steam holiday deal, i say it's worth it but paying more than that, i would've just shaken my head when I finished it. It's a nice, small game that goes against the grain somewhat and like someone else said, it's an interactive movie. I think it's close to deserving all the high praise but the price tag has to be considered when you're debating picking this game up.
---
"Typing too fast and angrily on keyboards can make you hydroplane across certain keys and
make it almost impossible to gain control of spelling."