This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any good survival games?

#1Plo568Posted 12/26/2013 1:04:42 AM
When i say survival games i mean like playing as a solo character havinf to scavenge for food and supplies etc. Doesnt need a story but would be nice.
#2Arsene-LupinPosted 12/26/2013 1:50:23 AM
Don't Starve.

It has the benefit of also being a very, very good game. One of my favorites of 2013, actually--and I'm not even a fan of the genre. And I'm pretty sure its on sale everywhere right now.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#3pitt12177Posted 12/26/2013 5:14:15 AM
DAYZ. You're done. You're welcome.
#4sfcalimariPosted 12/26/2013 5:43:51 AM
STALKER
---
http://i75.servimg.com/u/f75/17/26/59/67/ku-xla10.jpg
"Permit me to rule over the goats as well as the sheep." --Zygmunt Augustus
#5BigRhinoXPosted 12/26/2013 6:57:15 AM
Don't Starve.

Don't look at guides. Just try to survive and learn from mistakes. It's scary when certain things start showing up or happening. It's exciting when you pass the amount of days you last survived. I had around 70 days with a nice camp and thought everything was fine, until I travelled to far from camp without the supplies or health. It truly is a game that can get the best of you, even if you know what you're doing.
---
Live Gamertag: BigRhinoX86
3DS Friend Code: 5069-3997-3309
#6Arsene-LupinPosted 12/26/2013 11:18:08 AM
BigRhinoX posted...
Don't Starve.

Don't look at guides. Just try to survive and learn from mistakes. It's scary when certain things start showing up or happening. It's exciting when you pass the amount of days you last survived. I had around 70 days with a nice camp and thought everything was fine, until I travelled to far from camp without the supplies or health. It truly is a game that can get the best of you, even if you know what you're doing.

This.

I should also mention that Don't Starve has one of the best UIs I've seen in an indy game, and certainly THE best UI I've seen in a survival game. Very simple and intuitive. It also has Steam Workshop support, so there are lots of mods and other cool things to try.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#7DarkshowersPosted 12/26/2013 11:47:15 AM
It's a very challenging game but I personally enjoyed...

I Am Alive

It was one of my favorite games last year.
#8Ork_HeroPosted 12/26/2013 11:50:59 AM
Going to add in my support for Don't Starve as well. I wouldn't really classify DayZ as survival, it's pretty easy to get food and the only thing I really struggled with was getting pk'd constantly, felt more like a huge deathmatch mode than survival since the only threat in that game were other players,expected more from the zombies in a zombie game. Figuring things out in Don't Starve was fun, and managing resources and time can be challenging. Things like preparing for winter is great
---
'Ere we go!
UK gamer girl
#9Englandfc1966Posted 12/26/2013 11:53:01 AM
Darkshowers posted...

I Am Alive

I Am Alive was terrible.

Do not waste your money TC.
#10DarkshowersPosted 12/26/2013 11:59:37 AM
Englandfc1966 posted...
Darkshowers posted...

I Am Alive

I Am Alive was terrible.

Do not waste your money TC.

Correction, you are terrible at the game. It's ok Englandfc. In the modern gaming era, we don't see challenging games like this anymore and you probably couldn't deal with it. No shame in that.