This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Strategy Game should I get?

#1SienrurouniPosted 12/26/2013 2:52:52 AM
I'm trying to decide between Age of Empires 3 Complete, Patrician 3, Patrician 4, East India Company Collection, and Anno 2070 Complete. My wife and I both love these kinds of games, although we've got some different preferences, with her tending to be more into the deeper economic ones, being a fan of Tropico and the like, and my preferring more like Total War, Civ, and Gemfire.

Which of the games would you recommend? I've been curious about all of them, but never really checked them out.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#2Flaktrooper123Posted 12/26/2013 3:04:37 AM
At least I can say Age of Empires 3 is good, I never played the others before
#3Sienrurouni(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 3:32:50 AM
What's good about it precisely? I tend more towards 4x games and I know these games aren't exactly, so I'm not quite sure what I should get.
---
-Denny Crane
#4Flaktrooper123Posted 12/26/2013 3:35:22 AM
At least it is about the gameplay. If you are looking for awesome graphics though, you shouldn't be looking at Directx 10 and below games.
#5ATARIJAWAPosted 12/26/2013 3:37:45 AM(edited)
Check out Rise of Venice. It's from the makers of Tropico and is on sale on Steam right now. Your wife might like it due to the economy model.
Europa Universalis IV is on sale for 50% off too. Kind of a cross between CIV and Crusader Kings.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 108
#6Sienrurouni(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 3:52:03 AM(edited)
Was mainly considering these games since I have a bunch of Amazon gift cards. I already got 8 games from the Steam sale and am planning on getting more, but was hoping to get some of these from Amazon. I've always heard great things about Age of Empires and I've been curious about Anno 2070 and the other three for a while, so I was hoping for some opinions on them.
---
-Denny Crane