This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

batman arkham series is it better to play the game on the pc or on console?

#1oiburPosted 12/26/2013 4:30:04 AM
my nephew is asking for a copy of batman ps3..
so i checked steam and saw it was on sale 50% so i decided to give him my copy of batman arkham asylum (ps3)
and bought myself a digital copy on steam for my PC.

was just wondering is it better to play batman arkham asylum on the pc or on the ps3?

my system specs. if you must know..
AMD phenom 2 x4 945 @ 3.0ghz
8gb ram
ati HD5850
windows 7 64bit home premium
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-tBhOJd92E
#2calcyclePosted 12/26/2013 4:33:56 AM
pc always

console is locked at 30 fps while pc is not, meaning it will be noticeable smoother.

plus physx, but I don't think you will use it.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#3AllmatteredPosted 12/26/2013 4:41:20 AM
Of course everyone will say PC is better when it's the PC BOARD you're posting on.
#4oibur(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 4:57:10 AM
im pretty sure the graphics will look a lot better on the pc?

but the biggest question is the game play better on the keyboard and mouse?

been playing origins on my pc. its ok but the mouse is a bit annoying. left clicking right clicking. while fighting bad guys.it impossible to keep the screen steady.. but its ok. its still acceptable.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-tBhOJd92E
#5calcyclePosted 12/26/2013 5:05:23 AM
oibur posted...
im pretty sure the graphics will look a lot better on the pc?

but the biggest question is the game play better on the keyboard and mouse?

been playing origins on my pc. its ok but the mouse is a bit annoying. left clicking right clicking. while fighting bad guys.it impossible to keep the screen steady.. but its ok. its still acceptable.

you can use your xbox 360 or ps3 controller with the pc.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#6ScroePosted 12/26/2013 5:37:16 AM
controller is the better way to play these games
---
Don't hinder Jinder
I'm a white girl with nice boobs
#7crawdadPosted 12/26/2013 5:41:40 AM
Most PC games in the last 5 years will allow use of a Controller, any wired 360 controller with Windows 7 and up (Vista too but not sure if that needs a separate driver, and XP requires a driver) are plug and play with self installing drivers.

There's no reason to use a mouse and keyboard for basically all non shooter PC games now.

And yes, the Batma Arkham series and most PC games, even with a 58050 will look and run games better than a PS3/360 even if you kept the settings at medium and just upped the resolution. And at only a fraction of the cost per game.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#8TropicMoon10Posted 12/26/2013 5:47:12 AM
It's playable on console. You'll get the same general experience. But on PC you'll get much, much smoother gameplay and better graphics. Neither of those will matter if you're a console gamer though.

Also like others have mentioned you can use a controller on PC with no problems.
---
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#9MaDHatPosted 12/26/2013 5:48:03 AM
If you have a 360 controller for your PC, then that is the best way to go. If you don;t have a controller, get it for consoles.
#10Fade2black001Posted 12/26/2013 5:56:55 AM
I found the KB/M controls to be easy to use with this.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.