This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm enjoying dragon age: origins, should I also get dragon age 2.....

#41Bigj089Posted 12/27/2013 11:05:05 AM(edited)
PoorCountry posted...
Just my opinion: I liked the story of Dragon Age 2 and its unconventional plot structure, and especially the twist at the end (for me, it was a number of twists, actually). The gameplay is pretty mindless, but I found the sense of control more satisfying. Repeated environments didn't bother me. The first game's environments are pretty ugly, so I think it's weird that people pretend to have standards for environment art in these games. If you just want another cliche "epic" journey, don't bother. I have a feeling the absence of that is what really bothers everyone.

EDIT: Also, don't base your decision on the consensus here. The people here are lemmings. They go into threads with the intention of giving their own input, and without a hint of embarrassment, will do little more than express the popular opinion -- and that's it.

Take Kevin_OS's post, which is a perfect example. It's completely dependent on whether it helps build a consensus; it offers nothing. It's fodder.

Being dismissive to everyone that doesn't like a product like that is what makes people use the word Biodrone. I also wouldn't call others lemmings when you're doing the exact same thing for the opposite side of a matter.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#42PoorCountryPosted 12/27/2013 12:39:09 PM
thegreatsquare posted...
PoorCountry posted...
thegreatsquare posted...
PoorCountry posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
Origins was good, Dragon Age 2 was abysmal.

Couldn't ask for anything better to prove my point.

Origins was more than just good. it was excellent, a near 10/10. DA2 is more a 6.57/10. The thing that saved it for me was that at least the choices mattered somewhat and the wonderful banter between those in your party was still there.

I guess you thought you knew the one thing that would convince me: saying that you liked Dragon Age Origins.

Really don't care about convincing you, your use of his quote as some sort of dismissive proof was juvenile.

I was just trying to infer that you can't judge DA2 fairly using DA:O, it isn't a fair comparison.

To the first part: that's an empty comment. To the second: you're just repeating popular opinion. Is the idea to be annoying by doing the thing I criticized? Because that actually is juvenile.
#43PoorCountryPosted 12/27/2013 12:46:14 PM
Bigj089 posted...
PoorCountry posted...
Just my opinion: I liked the story of Dragon Age 2 and its unconventional plot structure, and especially the twist at the end (for me, it was a number of twists, actually). The gameplay is pretty mindless, but I found the sense of control more satisfying. Repeated environments didn't bother me. The first game's environments are pretty ugly, so I think it's weird that people pretend to have standards for environment art in these games. If you just want another cliche "epic" journey, don't bother. I have a feeling the absence of that is what really bothers everyone.

EDIT: Also, don't base your decision on the consensus here. The people here are lemmings. They go into threads with the intention of giving their own input, and without a hint of embarrassment, will do little more than express the popular opinion -- and that's it.

Take Kevin_OS's post, which is a perfect example. It's completely dependent on whether it helps build a consensus; it offers nothing. It's fodder.

Being dismissive to everyone that doesn't like a product like that is what makes people use the word Biodrone. I also wouldn't call others lemmings when you're doing the exact same thing for the opposite side of a matter.

I have to say, your reading comprehension must be as good as that of a pair of uneducated breasts, because you didn't understand a thing I wrote.
#44Gmoney-Posted 12/27/2013 2:02:38 PM
Worth it for the story pretty much and combat is fast and fun but Origins is so much more.

I didn't mind the reusing areas thing like most people since they conveyed friendships over years and what not and I like that kind if stuff.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."