This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bastion for $2.24 - buy it now if you like action RPGs

#1pothocketPosted 12/26/2013 12:31:39 PM
This game feels like a throw-back to the SNES era but made with modern game design concepts.

Great gameplay, great soundtrack, and a great narrative. Really, I got more emotional from this game than Walking Dead did.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2djinni204Posted 12/26/2013 1:21:12 PM
I sold my globes from voting and copped this one. downloading atm haha.
---
FC: 1907-8806-5074
SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/kastador
#3Dollarman_2005Posted 12/26/2013 2:22:43 PM
i found it mediocre and boring and simply mashing x while having a good narrator over top.
#4SlaynPosted 12/26/2013 2:23:51 PM
Dollarman_2005 posted...
i found it mediocre and boring and simply mashing x while having a good narrator over top.

I don't understand how mashing X could win the game... what?
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#5pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 2:45:25 PM
Slayn posted...
Dollarman_2005 posted...

I don't understand how mashing X could win the game... what?

It doesn't.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#6DieForMotherLandPosted 12/26/2013 2:49:03 PM
Dollarman_2005 posted...

So you just rolled the whole time? I don't think you can kill anybody that way.
---
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara
#7Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 12/26/2013 2:53:41 PM
Dollarman_2005 posted...

This. Only I found the narration to be try-hardish and annoying so that was completely lost on me. Game's pretty useless unless you like the narrator, which most people seem to, luckily.

And to the guy above me...pretty sure X is the attack button. Unless you're using a PS3 controller or something
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html
#8DiviDudePosted 12/26/2013 2:53:49 PM
DieForMotherLand posted...
Dollarman_2005 posted...

So you just rolled the whole time? I don't think you can kill anybody that way.

I don't know about you guys, but I think it's really impressive that this guy was able to beat the game doing nothing but rolling. He evidently didn't use the dpad either so all of his rolls went in exactly the right direction each time too.
#9shmirlywhirlPosted 12/26/2013 3:24:04 PM
All the snarky comments aside, is this worth picking up? I have a bunch if money in my steam wallet that I'm trying to burn during the sale.
---
Now with 100% real fruit juice
#10NakkaruPosted 12/26/2013 3:39:54 PM
Giblet_Enjoyer posted...
Dollarman_2005 posted...

This. Only I found the narration to be try-hardish and annoying so that was completely lost on me. Game's pretty useless unless you like the narrator, which most people seem to, luckily.

And to the guy above me...pretty sure X is the attack button. Unless you're using a PS3 controller or something

Well did you play through the game? On your Steam profile, you have a bit over an hour in it; granted it's not a long game, but it's longer than that. I can understand if you didn't enjoy the game enough to continue, but.. I'm not familiar with this usage of "try-hardish".

Now, I remember I played the original demo and absolutely HATED the game to the point where I actively bashed it. Ended up buying later, and played it through three times. Bastion grew on me and ended up really enjoying the whole experience, and the clever way to increase your difficulty by your choice. I just don't see how a game that aims for a distinct atmosphere and style is try-hardish. What are devs supposed to do, not try new things?
---
Pokemon X ~ 3668-7694-5178 ~ Braixen, Slugma [Safari]
PM me anytime! Looking for active, friendly players on 3DS and Steam [Nakkaru]