This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Acer windows 8 recovery problem on boot up

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Acer windows 8 recovery problem on boot up

User Info: koichi

koichi
3 years ago#1
When the laptop turns on, it loads the splash then says sorry the recover tool cant be loaded (paraphrased), resets, loads the splash again and then nothing but a blank screen.

The owner did not make a recovery disc
the laptop did not come with some form of a recover disc
the CD key wasnt put on the laptop anywhere or in the shipping box

With that said, i cant make a cd without the serial key for windows. and i cant even start in safe mode for the laptop, same error. I cant access anything on the laptop but the bios and boot menu. Only alternative is to buy a retail windows 8 disc?

TLDR. Windows is corrupted, boots up into black screen, no recover media available to use or cd key to make one. Boned? Have to go buy a disc?
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)

User Info: MC RaZaR

MC RaZaR
3 years ago#2
Your laptop might have the WIndows 8 License Key embedded into the BIOS. Create a recovery disc and give it a try. Your WIndows may automatically activate and won't ask for a key.
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson

koichi
3 years ago#3
unless im searching wrong, I need the key just to make the disc >_<"
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)

User Info: Monkeymage

Monkeymage
3 years ago#4
koichi posted...
unless im searching wrong, I need the key just to make the disc >_<"

You're wrong.
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI

koichi
3 years ago#5
So i made a recovery USB, but after i select keyboard settings, it freezes and the computer reboots.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Acer windows 8 recovery problem on boot up

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived