This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Acer windows 8 recovery problem on boot up

#1koichiPosted 12/26/2013 8:50:30 PM
When the laptop turns on, it loads the splash then says sorry the recover tool cant be loaded (paraphrased), resets, loads the splash again and then nothing but a blank screen.

The owner did not make a recovery disc
the laptop did not come with some form of a recover disc
the CD key wasnt put on the laptop anywhere or in the shipping box

With that said, i cant make a cd without the serial key for windows. and i cant even start in safe mode for the laptop, same error. I cant access anything on the laptop but the bios and boot menu. Only alternative is to buy a retail windows 8 disc?

TLDR. Windows is corrupted, boots up into black screen, no recover media available to use or cd key to make one. Boned? Have to go buy a disc?
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#2MC RaZaRPosted 12/26/2013 9:04:59 PM
Your laptop might have the WIndows 8 License Key embedded into the BIOS. Create a recovery disc and give it a try. Your WIndows may automatically activate and won't ask for a key.
---
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
#3koichi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 9:14:58 PM
unless im searching wrong, I need the key just to make the disc >_<"
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#4MonkeymagePosted 12/26/2013 9:17:09 PM
koichi posted...
unless im searching wrong, I need the key just to make the disc >_<"

You're wrong.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#5koichi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 1:32:28 PM
So i made a recovery USB, but after i select keyboard settings, it freezes and the computer reboots.
---