This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC restarts randomly when playing games please help!

#21Killah PriestPosted 12/27/2013 1:01:17 PM
updating BIOS should be the last thing you try, you can brick your system!

True but it doesn't necessarily mean you should avoid doing so ever.

The whole "don't update bios if everything works fine" is kinda nonsense, unless its a specific fix thats usually specifically labeled as so upgrading your bios almost always gives you improved stability and better hardware support.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#22AltmadragonPosted 12/27/2013 1:02:53 PM
Your drivers are all messed up.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#23DragnfyrPosted 12/27/2013 1:19:23 PM
Updating the BIOS isn't that risky. Unless you shutdown or pull the power out in the middle of an update there will be no problem. Also a lot of mobos have dual BIOS backup features so if one flash goes back you can still restore it from the backup.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
#24Kira0987(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 1:23:49 PM
monkmith posted...
updating BIOS should be the last thing you try, you can brick your system!

when i built my pc i had a similar problem, narrowed it down to my RAM voltage. just bumped it up a bit (to 1.55v i think, i'll check later) and i was golden.

So it would restart when playing games and/or artifact? That's what's happening to me now, even with my friend's PSU and RAM in my system. It artifacts when playing a game. If you did have the same problem, can you confirm the voltage you changed your ram to? (and this is just done through the bios right?)

Also someone mentioned my drivers are messed up. I kind of doubt it. I uninstalled my old video card drivers and used driver sweeper to thoroughly clean them out. I've also tried using both older drivers, and the newest beta and still had the same problems. This is so frustrating, nothing I do is pinpointing the problem.
---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard