This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best capture card to record?

#11Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 12:13:29 PM

Ahh this thing sounds nuts..

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity

I'd be able to record my stream in real time and audio with this bad boy?

I kind of want to try my hand at doing something like summit1g and have my face on screen along with the twitch chat... I'm noob at this.

Also curious how they throw up like full screen pictures to cover their screens while they switch servers and stuff.

I play all games pretty much all day so id love to stream it for fun.

yeah, u can record ur stream (audio and video) in real time with it. (i have the intensity pro myself).

i dont stream my gameplay on twitch or any other service personally. but i'd reason to guess if u wanted to add ur face and chat to the stream, it would require a web cam as an additional input source to mix with the stream.

prolly wouldnt be that hard to figure out.

Thanks.

Gonna grab some random HD Logitech or something probably.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#12ClouddxPosted 12/29/2013 12:30:40 PM(edited)
The Logitech C510 is decent.

P.S. what kind of graphics card do you have.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#13Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 1:00:38 PM
660TI but looking to upgrade soon.. But that and the i7 I get perfect frames on Witcher 2 so I pretty much handle it all still.

Still know I need to upgrade though.
---
#14xcmon3yx2Posted 12/29/2013 1:12:51 PM(edited)
recording ps4 is currently impossible, with out a HDCP stripper. The only company that makes this is hdfury and they are very expensive. HDCP is so stupid
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#15Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 3:48:08 PM
recording ps4 is currently impossible, with out a HDCP stripper. The only company that makes this is hdfury and they are very expensive. HDCP is so stupid

Notice how I never mentioned PS4? :P.

I do everything video games which is another reason id like to try my hand at streaming..

They're going to patch that with the PS4 at some point apparently unless I'm wrong but unless the game is exclusive I usually go PC.

Maybe I did mention second son above I forget now haha.
---
#16peteybooPosted 12/29/2013 4:59:16 PM
AverMedia Live Gamer HD is good for HD consoles and PC. I use it for both recording and streaming Wii U and PC games.

I also heard that their Live Gamer Portable is good for HD consoles and also comes with a composite/component to HDMI converter for older consoles.

Unfortunately they don't have one solution for all three AFAIK, but I figured I would throw the name out there since I've had a good experience.
---
Gee, it sure is boring around here. *rolls eyes*
I do Let's Plays sometimes! Current game: glitching Pokemon Blue Version http://www.youtube.com/user/peteyboo
#17Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 6:37:45 PM
^ Thanks.

Decided to give Shadowplay a shot since it supposedly streams to twitch but the webcam option doesn't work and when it streams it only streams for like 10 seconds before a red slash goes through the icon.
---