This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

my problem is power supply right?

#1returnofbeansPosted 12/27/2013 9:45:18 AM
my computer turned on just fine but after installing a GeForce GT630 and now it doesn't show anything after powering up. that goes from either VGA slot i connect to. taking it out makes it start up and show just fine again.

im assuming my 240W power supply is the issue?

tried my hand at building my first test comp from a prebuild. wanted it just to run LoL and world of tanks until i get the handle of putting things in without breaking them. i did manage to break the release latch for the graphic card LOL. though lucky pulling on it hard enough manages to take it out.

since this is my first attempt ever at PC building. little did i know that this case wasn't exactly the best case for gaming. http://cdn4.pcadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/products/3202425/HP%20Compaq%20dc5800%20Small%20Form%20Factor%20550.jpg

so my question is. if power supply is the only problem and i dont think they make a higher power supply for this model. will buying one and keeping it out of the tower be ok? its not like power supplys are specific use for one right? so long as the wires are long enough its cool?
---
eye'm the strongest! those who call idiots are the idiots you idiot!
Lol IGN: returnofbeans
#2returnofbeans(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 10:12:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]