This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

War gamers! I need your advise

#1TowerBooks3192Posted 12/27/2013 11:20:53 AM
If any of you are War gamers (the real ones) I need your advise on what to get off matrix store. I am leaning towards either Conflict of Heroes + expansion and the standalone expansion or complete Panzer Corps by purchasing Afrika Corps and Allied Corps plus the mega campaign pack or get something as hardcore as Gary Grigsby's War in the East + Don to the Danube and Lost Battles expansion. If I will get Conflict of Heroes I reckon I could add The operational art of war with that.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#2wizardmonPosted 12/27/2013 11:24:29 AM
I have no idea what your talking about, but I'd just get Wargame: AirLand Battle and call it a day.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#3TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 11:27:36 AM
wizardmon posted...
I have no idea what your talking about, but I'd just get Wargame: AirLand Battle and call it a day.

Pretty niche stuff. Hoping some wargamers are here as I forgot my log in for the matrix site. Need something hardcore as I have been messing with Commander: The Great War as it is the only WWI game that I have access to right now.
---
#4KaushadPosted 12/27/2013 12:40:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_Iron_III
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.
#5TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 8:27:19 PM
Kaushad posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_Iron_III

Done! I prefer turn-base when war gaming and I have a problem with the way paradox resolve their battles. Most other war games have a detailed report on battle resolution compared to HoI 3. For me, I find it a bit hard to understand the battles in Paradox games including both CK2 and EUIV. I also feel less control over it and I just feel like putting together a higher number unit and just attack the enemy and try to outnumber them.
---