This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Portal 2 if I already own it on 360?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How is Portal 2 if I already own it on 360?

User Info: sonic_man00

sonic_man00
3 years ago#1
I know it comes with Source SDK, Trading Cards and a Level Editor/Creator.
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 years ago#2
Well, it obviously features much cleaner graphics, better performance and more precise, faster controls on the PC. I'd recommend it.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Bekness

Bekness
3 years ago#3
I have both the 360/pc versions, too. I like the controls better on PC, and it was more fun on PC for me, but both versions were fine.
Maximum Magilla Mustard
R<3B forever xx Nutbug

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 years ago#4
The best thing (possibly) about portal 2 on PC is being able to get new levels from the steam workshop. If you can't get enough portal 2, then that's where you can get more portal 2 to try to satisfy your insatiable portal 2 needs....
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png

User Info: CatToy

CatToy
3 years ago#5
JKatarn posted...
Well, it obviously features much cleaner graphics, better performance and more precise, faster controls on the PC. I'd recommend it.

Probably the things that matter least when considering a puzzle game, especially one with static, unchanging puzzles.

But at 5 dollars, it's worth it for the workshop.
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
3 years ago#6
CatToy posted...
Probably the things that matter least when considering a puzzle game, especially one with static, unchanging puzzles.

As someone who played the Portal: Prelude and a few other complete campaigns for the first Portal....Controls make a huge difference when you get into fast paced, twitch-reaction based puzzles. Some, or rather most of them, would have been impossible with a controller.

But yes, the workshop and controls are well worth it. I've doubled my time in Portal 2 with workshop levels and other user made content.
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg

User Info: sonic_man00

sonic_man00
3 years ago#7
I decided to get the Portal Bundle for 6.24. 1.24 more for P1.
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How is Portal 2 if I already own it on 360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived