This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

no longer getting sound after Geforce GT630 install and new power supply.

#1returnofbeansPosted 12/27/2013 2:14:21 PM
if i made it this far in. its not likely that i not forgot to plug something in while changing the power supply is it? could have installing new GPU have removed some drivers?

i use my headset to game so i never done tower to moniter sound so i dont know if thats working and i dont have a wire to test since i never used it. my headset no longer unlocked the sound setting on the bottom right of the task bar as if its not being detected after plugging in.

any ideas of what i did wrong or an issue could be?
---
eye'm the strongest! those who call idiots are the idiots you idiot!
Lol IGN: returnofbeans
#2ClouddxPosted 12/27/2013 2:15:28 PM
Is it connected VIA HDMI?
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#3DragnfyrPosted 12/27/2013 2:16:15 PM(edited)
Do you have your headset plugged into your case's front speaker port? If so then it's possible you forgot to plug in the front panel HDAudio cable from your case into your motherboard..
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
#4Killah PriestPosted 12/27/2013 2:16:04 PM
if you use front panel connections you could have accidentally pulled a cable out.

Don't know of that card does audio or not but it might have switched your primary audio to the hdmi on the card.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5returnofbeans(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 2:19:35 PM
Dragnfyr posted...
Do you have your headset plugged into your case's front speaker port? If so then it's possible you forgot to plug in the front panel HDAudio cable from your case into your motherboard..

yes its connected to the front of my case.

to the first guy, im using my VGA cable right now. hmm, i wonder which one is the HDaudio in that case lol. this is my first time switching power supplys. i switched from a 240w to a 500w and the 500w had atleast twice as many cable running from it. i could have easily missed out a cable that was needed.
---
#6DragnfyrPosted 12/27/2013 2:20:43 PM
The cable isn't coming from the PSU. It should be coming from the case.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
#7returnofbeans(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 2:21:35 PM
oh i see it now. its that one that takes in the 4 pins? though when i plugged it in. it made my computer beep and flash a red light. when i took that one out it let it boot up normally. any one know why it will beep and not let me boot up because an HDaudio cable?
---
#8Killah PriestPosted 12/27/2013 2:21:48 PM
yea it should come from the case, usually tied to or very close to the wires you run for your power and reset buttons.
---
#9returnofbeans(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 2:40:46 PM
just turned off the computer and tried connecting the 4 wire. it gave me the beeping and red lights. i turned it on and waited for my computer to be fully on then plugged it in to see what that does. needless to say that killed my comp and forcefully shut it down. followed by the beeping and red lights.

didn't think my comp will give me this much trouble over a sound cable.
---
#10Killah PriestPosted 12/27/2013 2:41:47 PM
you sure its the right cable and the right spot for said cable.

I guess you could have damaged the wire to the point where there is a fault.
---