This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is an exceptional controller for a Windows 7 64-bit computer? Help please

#61Silly_Squirl_G(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 8:55:26 AM
ShinobiKaze posted...
I actually go the sabertooth controller. Its works the same as the 360 controller and uses the same drivers. I guess the plus to having it is you have extra buttons. It works through the controller so you don't have to mess with any programs. You have two extra buttons where the shoulder buttons are and four buttons (it's 2 rocker switches/buttons; idk what you call it) on the back of the controller.

Is it worth $80? Probably not, build quality seems solid to me. I actually like the buttons on this controller more than my DS3 or DS4 but that's just preference.

Truth is between your final choices you can't go wrong. You can't make the wrong choice because they will all work the exact same anyways.

True. I am probably going for the sabertooth even though its $80 because i dont really need the $100 for anything else anyway.
#62Fade2black001Posted 12/30/2013 9:14:40 AM
Gmoney- posted...
Wired 360 controller is the only choice. Instant drivers and most games are literally made for it.

By most I mean any game made for PC in like the last 4 years.

I use my PS3 controller for all my games. Works exactly like if you have a 360 controller plugged in. Its also a far better controller as well.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#63doctoglethorpePosted 12/30/2013 9:16:11 AM
Why would you pay double the cost for what is essentially the same controller but made by a company notorious for being of lesser build quality despite their inflated costs? A couple extra buttons? Your money to waste I guess.
#64GarquillPosted 12/30/2013 9:22:35 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105438

alternatively a Wii Classic Controller Pro with USB adapter
this is good for having a great dpad
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#65macmahon187Posted 12/30/2013 9:57:11 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Gmoney- posted...
Wired 360 controller is the only choice. Instant drivers and most games are literally made for it.

I use my PS3 controller for all my games. Works exactly like if you have a 360 controller plugged in. Its also a far better controller as well.

I'm not an Xbox fanboy but that is ridiculous. Now if you said the dual shock 1 which I still use on occasion then maybe.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#66Fade2black001Posted 12/30/2013 2:27:15 PM
macmahon187 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Gmoney- posted...

I'm not an Xbox fanboy but that is ridiculous. Now if you said the dual shock 1 which I still use on occasion then maybe.

You think the DS1 us better than the DS3? Ok....
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#67Silly_Squirl_G(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 2:47:04 PM
doctoglethorpe posted...
Why would you pay double the cost for what is essentially the same controller but made by a company notorious for being of lesser build quality despite their inflated costs? A couple extra buttons? Your money to waste I guess.

Dude, dont judge. I just like high-end stuff when i can get it, and now is ome of those times where i can get it
#68DC4everPosted 12/30/2013 3:10:11 PM
I use a wired 360 controller and have never had any issues with it.
---
"Korea is not the most wired country in the world....
Europe is I believe." -Nurotic