This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is a 37-40" 1080p HDTV practical for PC usage?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is a 37-40" 1080p HDTV practical for PC usage?

User Info: Looked gf

Looked gf
3 years ago#1
Need to replace my 22" monitor. I'd be using it for everything: cable TV, console gaming, PC gaming, Netflix, Youtube, browsing, etc

Anyone with a setup like this?
http://i.imgur.com/6COjt.gif

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#2
I have my PC hooked up to my monitor and my TV. In all honesty I can tell the input lag produced by the TV, however I do use it for games that I want to play on the big screen from my couch with a controller and it works fine.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: chris121691

chris121691
3 years ago#3
Clouddx posted...
I have my PC hooked up to my monitor and my TV. In all honesty I can tell the input lag produced by the TV, however I do use it for games that I want to play on the big screen from my couch with a controller and it works fine.

Exactly this for me. I usually play games on my monitor, but when I just feel like being lazy, I'll lean back in the recliner, and play on the tv. It's nice to have the option. I notice a bit of lag, but it's usually not a game breaker for me.

User Info: Majoras_pants

Majoras_pants
3 years ago#4
I use my 60 inch for gaming a lot, for games that use a controller.
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#5
Use my plasma tv all the time. No lag. It's nice to have a monitor for some things though.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1

Looked gf
3 years ago#6
Even with word processing and similar applications? Cause it's going to be my primary and only monitor which will be used for everything

User Info: Torpedo_Vegas

Torpedo_Vegas
3 years ago#7
Pretty much what everyone has said. For my desktop, I have a dual monitor set up that I use. But sometimes I want to kick back so I'll hook up my laptop (which is decent for playing games) up to my TV and play games with a controller. I haven't really run into any issues. There may be slight input lag, but nothing that will make games unplayable.

User Info: GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok
3 years ago#8
It's fine for media, but it might not be so practical for browsing and other computing. You'll have to sit 4-5 feet away otherwise it's going to really strain your eyes.

User Info: second2n0ne

second2n0ne
3 years ago#9
Are you going to be sitting right in front of it like a normal desktop scenario or are you typically going to be on your couch or a few feet away? The reason I ask is because the farther away from the screen you are the harder it will be to read text even on a large screen.

Looked gf
3 years ago#10
Desktop scenario, 3-4 feet away
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is a 37-40" 1080p HDTV practical for PC usage?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived