This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any style of music you like listening to while gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any style of music you like listening to while gaming?

User Info: DEMONPANDA212

DEMONPANDA212
3 years ago#1
Some games have awful music, story, voice acting etc... So often I find myself gaming to my iPod. And I'm sure I'm not alone. So...

Is there anything imparticular that you like gaming too? Certain genre's? Bands? Artists?

Myself, I'm bit of a mix.

Mainly metal (of which most varieties are suitable), sometimes Eminem (The only rap I've ever enjoyed). Techno, dance, electronic, drum and bass (Pendulum, knife party) etc... Gets pulled out a bit and sometimes even video game soundtracks.

As a side question, because I'm not a member of any music forums, does anyone listen to Nightwish? Are they worth a listen? I ask because of how often they seem to change line ups, worries me that only certain albums are decent.
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378

User Info: WondrousRumble

WondrousRumble
3 years ago#2
Most games I like the native sounds to be the only ones I hear, but in the odd scenario I'll just throw on whatever playlist I have or just throw on random YouTube videos of let's plays or whatever
Hey I'm Grump

User Info: Ork_Hero

Ork_Hero
3 years ago#3
I prefer to listen to native sounds/music. Listening to the radio/whatever breaks my immersion, I'm pretty nerdy
'Ere we go!
UK gamer girl

User Info: Grimlink132

Grimlink132
3 years ago#4
the soundtrack for drive makes every game feel like the movie. so that.

User Info: Kavenry

Kavenry
3 years ago#5
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
As a side question, because I'm not a member of any music forums, does anyone listen to Nightwish? Are they worth a listen? I ask because of how often they seem to change line ups, worries me that only certain albums are decent.

I do like them. I usually listen to them in colder months, when my interests consist of fantasy/knights/elves, versus the warmer months when I'm more interested in sci-fi and nature.

Check out Dark Passion Play, and also "Wish I Had an Angel" off of Once.
"the sun does not have no prisoners"

User Info: Thescyy

Thescyy
3 years ago#6
Depends, I mostly only listen to my own music when I'm playing online fps's. I like aggressive music for shooting peoples faces off so I listen to a lot of hiphop, rock, punk and metal. Stuff like Big L, Scarface, Jedi Mind Tricks, Immortal Technique, Wu-Tang, Onyx, Non Phixion, System of a Down, early Offspring, Megadeth, Bad Religion, etc.
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 2133mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4

User Info: Froakie

Froakie
3 years ago#7
Ork_Hero posted...
I prefer to listen to native sounds/music. Listening to the radio/whatever breaks my immersion, I'm pretty nerdy

Me too. I listen to my music on my PC while I'm doing internet stuff. But when I'm playing a game I listen to the IGM.
http://i.imgur.com/EPGPNKk.jpg
wufei8706

User Info: xKANONx

xKANONx
3 years ago#8
Nightwish is awesome, definitely give them a try, especially the earlier albums when they still had Tarja.

User Info: TheC0ndemnedOne

TheC0ndemnedOne
3 years ago#9
Just the game's music. I get stressed out/annoyed from other music clashing with the game.
Steam: Sydite

User Info: wdfoster

wdfoster
3 years ago#10
Imparticular?

No. I don by gaems wit bed voise aktin an music tho.
Steam ID - Madmartigan
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there any style of music you like listening to while gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived