This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any style of music you like listening to while gaming?

#21ShubPosted 12/28/2013 6:01:45 PM(edited)
I used to play my own music over multiplayer games, but then I decided that I like to listen to music instead of using it as background noise, and gaming is too involving for me to enjoy the music. Plus in some cases it was a nuisance when I needed to listen to the game.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#22Digital StormPosted 12/28/2013 6:11:00 PM
I only really listen to music when I'm doing something monotonous like grinding experience in MMOs or grinding materials like I'm doing now in Tales of Xillia for the PS3. As for what kind, I listen to pretty much everything but current -- I don't even know what you'd call it.

Just finished a Creedence album and now The Beatles are next.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#23Dollarman_2005Posted 12/28/2013 6:13:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I haven't stopped bumping the new Gucci Mane while I play League of Legends. It's just too great.

But I have over 400 listens of Abbey Road according to last.fm, if that's any indication.
#24TheNazzaroPosted 12/28/2013 6:15:16 PM
Kanye all day.
---
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheNazzaro
#25DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 9:39:10 PM
Kavenry posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
As a side question, because I'm not a member of any music forums, does anyone listen to Nightwish? Are they worth a listen? I ask because of how often they seem to change line ups, worries me that only certain albums are decent.

I do like them. I usually listen to them in colder months, when my interests consist of fantasy/knights/elves, versus the warmer months when I'm more interested in sci-fi and nature.

Check out Dark Passion Play, and also "Wish I Had an Angel" off of Once.

xKANONx posted...
Nightwish is awesome, definitely give them a try, especially the earlier albums when they still had Tarja.

That was my thoughts, that it might be best to start with the early stuff. Usually I go for the later stuff and work backwards, but this time, I think I'll do the opposite.

son_gogetto posted...
Best Scandinavian metal band is without a doubt HIM ;)

Never could get into them unfortunately.

Also to the last posters, gotta love the Beatles :D

Personal fave is Sgt Pepper (Album) and I Am The Walrus (Solo song).
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378
#26Chaos_MissilePosted 12/28/2013 11:06:04 PM
In-game is the only way....unless the game has no music for some reason.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#27daemon_danPosted 12/28/2013 11:11:35 PM
I often play Dead Rising 2 while listening to Death Metal and Black Metal. Nothing like cutting through hordes of zombies with a cross-dressed Chuck while listening to Amon Amarth or Tsvangeste
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#28KJay489Posted 12/28/2013 11:46:29 PM
Celine Dion
#29chase1234lifePosted 12/28/2013 11:47:24 PM
Depends on the game; though EDM and Hip-Hop go to pretty much any non-horror game.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life
#30son_gogettoPosted 12/29/2013 3:45:47 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
Kavenry posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
As a side question, because I'm not a member of any music forums, does anyone listen to Nightwish? Are they worth a listen? I ask because of how often they seem to change line ups, worries me that only certain albums are decent.

I do like them. I usually listen to them in colder months, when my interests consist of fantasy/knights/elves, versus the warmer months when I'm more interested in sci-fi and nature.

Check out Dark Passion Play, and also "Wish I Had an Angel" off of Once.

xKANONx posted...
Nightwish is awesome, definitely give them a try, especially the earlier albums when they still had Tarja.

That was my thoughts, that it might be best to start with the early stuff. Usually I go for the later stuff and work backwards, but this time, I think I'll do the opposite.

son_gogetto posted...
Best Scandinavian metal band is without a doubt HIM ;)

Never could get into them unfortunately.

Also to the last posters, gotta love the Beatles :D

Personal fave is Sgt Pepper (Album) and I Am The Walrus (Solo song).

Bah, they're geniuses! Listen to 'In Venere Veritus' 'Sleepwalking past Hope' 'All Lips go Blue' and 'Funeral of hearts' I'm sure you'll like one of them. Yes they're quite a morbid band, but I listen to them more than anything else regardless of what activity I'm doing, and it still works
---
(GT: II Lazer II) - (PSN: ME GOOSTA) - (Steam ID: lilylazer666)
(3DS FC: 4339-3035-7150)