This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are there any games that are better on consoles?

#1thatauthorPosted 12/27/2013 9:50:36 PM
I'm mainly talking about multiplats though.
---
Nothing beats being productive. ~ Fizzle_Pork
#2steveboblarryPosted 12/27/2013 9:54:15 PM
No.
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#3LazyyAmericanPosted 12/27/2013 9:54:33 PM
lol no....unless everyone you intend to play with is also on console. This really should be the only reason why anyone would consider playing a game on a console if they also happen to have a gaming capable PC. That PC can do anything a console can save have the zillions of 10 year olds that had their mommies buy them the xbox or PS whichever infest communities of the games you plan to sink time into.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#4KabtheMentatPosted 12/27/2013 9:55:40 PM
A lot of people won't agree, but I feel most of the CoD games (past CoD4) just feel better on the 360 vs. PC.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5KabtheMentatPosted 12/27/2013 9:56:29 PM
LazyyAmerican posted...
lol no....unless everyone you intend to play with is also on console. This really should be the only reason why anyone would consider playing a game on a console if they also happen to have a gaming capable PC. That PC can do anything a console can save have the zillions of 10 year olds that had their mommies buy them the xbox or PS whichever infest communities of the games you plan to sink time into.

I think you also infest whatever community you're a part of, BTW.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#6twopoundcowPosted 12/27/2013 9:56:58 PM
Saints Row 2, from what I've heard. It's supposed to be an awful port.
#7steveboblarryPosted 12/27/2013 9:57:40 PM
twopoundcow posted...

There's a super mod which fixes all of its bugs
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#8thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 9:59:43 PM(edited)
From: twopoundcow | Posted: 12/27/2013 11:56:58 PM | #006

that's true. at least out of the box anyway. Some people might not have be able to(or care) get mods. I also forgot to mention that genre doesn't matter as much because of controller support on PC.
---
Even Dante was like "**** that" ~ Neoconkers
#9Ivany2008Posted 12/27/2013 9:59:03 PM
Apparently Diablo 3 is, and also I think Call of Duty games are much better on 360 than the PC. Not only do they have bigger amounts of people, but the controller feel is much nicer than a Keyboard and Mouse in this particular instance.
#10TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 12/27/2013 10:03:48 PM(edited)
Really bad ports and games that are heavily multiplayer-focused (unless it controls better with a mouse and keyboard, like first-person shooters).

It also depends on what a person's looking for. Take something like Dark Souls. There are more hackers on PC and less players in general. The port is also mediocre (but there are worse ports; at least it doesn't run terribly and crash constantly). However, there is DSfix and graphics mods, which can make the game look really good. Areas like Blighttown are also a lot more enjoyable if you have a decent PC because the framerate isn't extremely low. Games like Skyrim, however, are completely different because there is even more modding potential and there is no online, so PC is the winner hands-down.

I guess PC would be the ultimate platform if it were more popular and people were willing to handle a bit of troubleshooting. If it were more popular, there would be more games, more support, and more players.
---
Steam: Sydite