This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has any Activision games EVER gone past 50% discount on Steam sales?

#1AllmatteredPosted 12/27/2013 9:07:30 PM(edited)
Because I don't think I've ever seen any of their games even go at 66%, let alone 75% off.

Another thing I noticed is the absurd pricing of their games. Like, why the heck are old games like all the classic Call of Dutys, Vampire Bloodlines and GUN still at $19.99 instead of the usual $9.99?
Are they too obsessed with getting their full $$ with their games or just brimming with too much greed?
#2TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 12/27/2013 9:08:37 PM
They're dumb. They'd get more money if they discounted their games more.
---
Steam: Sydite
#3Allmattered(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 9:12:58 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
They're dumb. They'd get more money if they discounted their games more.

Hugely discounted games doesn't always give more profit. Perhaps they just don't give a **** about any of it when the only game they know will always sell is Call of Duty
#4DV8ingSourcesPosted 12/27/2013 9:15:36 PM(edited)
Allmattered posted...
Hugely discounted games doesn't always give more profit.

I'd wager in the case of the really old COD games it would. I mean yeah its always a balancing act for maximum profits but 75% off would sell a LOT of copies and I'd wager a ton more than they are selling right now. 10 sales at 5 dollars is still better than 3 sales at 15.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#5MackorovPosted 12/27/2013 9:35:41 PM
Activision is worse than EA. Too bad EA gets all the hate for selling their games at cheaper prices,
#6overkillwfo1978Posted 12/27/2013 9:41:37 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Allmattered posted...
Hugely discounted games doesn't always give more profit.

I'd wager in the case of the really old COD games it would. I mean yeah its always a balancing act for maximum profits but 75% off would sell a LOT of copies and I'd wager a ton more than they are selling right now. 10 sales at 5 dollars is still better than 3 sales at 15.

Totally agree. CoD has become like Madden, with a release every year. The price they are asking for, for old CoD rehashes is just stupid. If they did an "old CoD pack" with every game aside from Ghosts and BO2 for 75-80% off, they would sell like crazy... as it sits, I don't own a single one of them and never will at the prices they ask. We on PC are used to deals and great prices. If Activision doesn't want to play along, then they don't need my money because, I can surely live without their games.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#7PaukenPosted 12/27/2013 10:51:54 PM
Blur went on sale for like 75% off, but I dunno if that counts since Activision published it, and the dev of that game died and was assimilated into Sumo Digital. Blur hasn't been available off Steam for quite a while now, since Activision pulled it.

On that note Activision is terrible at keeping non-CoD games maintained. For instance, did you know that Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and X-Men Legends 2 are both available on PC? I didn't until I googled them. Any sensible publisher which still owned the rights (as shown with the Deadpool game) would get those classics uploaded to Steam for a new generation to enjoy, but I guess Activision scoffed at the idea of spending any money on getting old games uploaded to Steam that aren't called Call of Duty, despite all the people who would imitate Fry and yell "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" on those classics being uploaded to Steam.

I'm pretty sure they've pulled some other games from Steam, too. I can't think of any right now, but they're certainly horrible when it comes to supporting Steam. I wouldn't be surprised if the next CoD game migrates to ActiBlizzard Battle.Net because no one was buying the series on Steam, and ActiBlizzard turns Battle.Net into the next Origin, with World of Call of Duty as it's flagship title...
#8steveboblarryPosted 12/27/2013 10:55:10 PM
Mackorov posted...
Activision is worse than EA. Too bad EA gets all the hate for selling their games at cheaper prices,

Thats not why they get hate
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#9YoungAdultLinkPosted 12/27/2013 11:08:09 PM
Another note on Activision and PC games; Xmen Origins: Wolverine. Really great game, only released on DVD.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#10KarnRX78Posted 12/27/2013 11:23:16 PM
Heck I'd buy BO2 if it was $19.99. I guess they don't want money.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.