This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you know are objectively bad, but you love anyway?

#11steveboblarryPosted 12/27/2013 11:01:05 PM
meteor9898 posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Resident Evil 5. I downloaded and burned the early 360 demo online and was instantly hooked. It must have been the satisfaction of RE4 that carries me over but playing the co-op on veteran or professional was just epic.

So, what is objectively bad about it? Stopped playing RE after 2 so I have no clue.

Its a legit step back from RE4. Your AI Co-op partner is as dumb as a rock. The inventory system is wack, and it has GFWL.
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#12DerPancakePosted 12/27/2013 11:04:28 PM
Age of Empires 3. Only game that I love that is not rated 90+ on metacritic.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#13PhilOnDezPosted 12/27/2013 11:12:54 PM
meteor9898 posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Resident Evil 5.

So, what is objectively bad about it? Stopped playing RE after 2 so I have no clue.

I was disappointed with it my first playthrough but coming back to it a year or three later on professional I really enjoyed it. My only real problem with it is it wasn't RE4 but few games are.

I really like Bioshock 2, but I'm not sure it's objectively bad. The gameplay is awesome and I liked the story but it seems like most people disagree.

As for something closer to objectively bad, I've been playing the hell out of defiance, 15 hours in the last two days. It was pretty bad at launch though it's a lot better now. Still, for every improvement I can list two flaws it still has, all the DLC is almost completely recycled environments/enemies, weapon balance is still awful (but 10x as good as it was at launch). I made a topic about it listing a lot of all this, lots of walls of text if anyone is interested (just search Defiance on this board).
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#14Ork_HeroPosted 12/28/2013 12:05:37 AM
The sad thing about RE5 is it's miles better than RE6
---
'Ere we go!
UK gamer girl
#15somebody336Posted 12/28/2013 12:07:05 AM
Clive Barkers Jericho
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
#16Bigj089Posted 12/28/2013 5:57:52 AM
Two Worlds.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#17calcyclePosted 12/28/2013 6:08:21 AM
Ork_Hero posted...
The sad thing about RE5 is it's miles better than RE6

I actually like 6, sometimes even more than 5.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#18Majoras_pantsPosted 12/28/2013 6:09:33 AM
Seeing alpha protocol and age of empires 3 makes me hate this board. Both games are objectively great.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer