This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I get my monitor to recognize the video card?

#31ClouddxPosted 12/29/2013 3:41:54 PM
rayneotacon posted...
So I just started clicking random stuff in the bios, and it's saying that the video card isn't connected to the motherboard. I moved it over to a different slot, and the same thing happened.

Can you please take some pictures of the inside of your computer, specifically where the graphics card is.

Thanks
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#32rayneotacon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 4:01:55 PM
Oh my god, I am the dumbest person ever. I missed i tiny plug from the power supply. I uhhh... feel like I should reimburse you fine folks for putting up with my legendary stupidity.
#33Fade2black001Posted 12/29/2013 4:07:05 PM
Clouddx posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Do people seriously fail this much on this board? Not one has mentioned to install drivers. Geez... TC install your GPU drivers and that should be that then.

You're wrong man, and in your post you're coming off as a jerk; please just stop... You don't need drivers to see the bios even if you're using a dedicated video card.

I'm pretty sure all he needs to do is turn of the integrated graphics and it should pick up the dedicated graphics card no problem.

To do this you have to go into the bios and find the option for integrated graphics and turn it off.

I know for a fact that I need to have drivers installed for it to work. If I don't I have to have it plugged into the mobo to get a picture. I never said anything about latest drivers.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#34rayneotacon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 4:07:14 PM
You know what? When I get the rest of this thing setup, I have a small gift for everyone that posted so far. I'll PM you all about it when the time comes.
#35ClouddxPosted 12/29/2013 4:10:47 PM(edited)
Fade2black001 posted...
Clouddx posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Do people seriously fail this much on this board? Not one has mentioned to install drivers. Geez... TC install your GPU drivers and that should be that then.

You're wrong man, and in your post you're coming off as a jerk; please just stop... You don't need drivers to see the bios even if you're using a dedicated video card.

I'm pretty sure all he needs to do is turn of the integrated graphics and it should pick up the dedicated graphics card no problem.

To do this you have to go into the bios and find the option for integrated graphics and turn it off.

I know for a fact that I need to have drivers installed for it to work. If I don't I have to have it plugged into the mobo to get a picture. I never said anything about latest drivers.

I just built a comp for my bro, plugged in the graphics card and had no problem installing windows after the graphics card was in. It had no drivers at that point.

I know for a fact that you don't need video card drivers to see the bios.

rayneotacon posted...
You know what? When I get the rest of this thing setup, I have a small gift for everyone that posted so far. I'll PM you all about it when the time comes.

haha awesome man, it happens sometimes especially when you're new to building comps. Have fun with your new setup =D
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#36ShubPosted 12/29/2013 4:08:51 PM
Fade2black001 posted...

Well, you're wrong... You don't need drivers to get a display of your BIOS. Imagine you have a computer with no hard drive and no OS. How do you install drivers?
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#37KillerzOverHerePosted 12/29/2013 4:21:02 PM
Good job catching your mistake TC.
---
Me: I don't know how to describe myself, so here's Jeff to do it for me.
Jeff: I'm a slave in his basement.
#38HydroCannabinolPosted 12/29/2013 4:23:21 PM
rayneotacon posted...
Oh my god, I am the dumbest person ever. I missed i tiny plug from the power supply. I uhhh... feel like I should reimburse you fine folks for putting up with my legendary stupidity.

Haha nice. First part of troubleshooting is making sure everything is plugged in correctly. >:P
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#39macmahon187Posted 12/29/2013 4:47:50 PM
rayneotacon posted...

See it's that easy to just over look the little things. I I have Adhd and trust me when I was younger I used to make a lot of little mistakes just from going to fast. Enjoy your success
---
Posted using GameFlux
#40AsellusPosted 12/29/2013 4:51:18 PM

Considering that drivers are a part of the operating system and the bios is loaded before there's any OS. No, if you're not getting any sort of signal when the bios comes up you can safely remove "drivers" from consideration.