This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ebay Question

#1dragonballEEEPosted 12/27/2013 11:04:13 PM
I'm asking this on Ebays website as well, but I figured it couldn't hurt to get a third party answer too

I just sold an i7-4930k through an auction on the website

and now I'm wondering what the next step really is. The auction is over, a guy won, but I haven't gotten his payment (I don't know if I need to send him the bank account number and routing number, or if it's the one that's automatically associated with my account)...I do know I need to verify his payment before shipping it, but does that just mean seeing the funds come through in my account? And the final value fee, is that always 10%? I know ebay gets a chunk, but I don't know if that's consistent.

Sorry if I seem like a real idiot here, but if I don't ask now, it could boil over into something worse
#2TrueKuPosted 12/27/2013 11:14:39 PM(edited)
Supposed to go into your PayPal account.

PayPal takes something like 30 cents and 2-3%
eBay fees, listing fees and some percentage of closing price as FVF.
not always the same percentage..
depends top seller/powersellers get some percent off.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

says 10%

---
Chief Scientician
#3dragonballEEE(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 11:28:52 PM
Okay, cool. I was confused because the account I have listed with ebay is my bank account, but it's linked with my paypal. So I guess I just wait until I see the payment on my paypal, and then I'll ship the item.
#4GTRagnarokPosted 12/27/2013 11:39:52 PM
And if he doesn't pay, be sure to cancel the transaction to get your eBay fee back. Otherwise, they'll charge you for it even though you didn't get paid.