This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ebay Question

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ebay Question
2 years ago#1
I'm asking this on Ebays website as well, but I figured it couldn't hurt to get a third party answer too

I just sold an i7-4930k through an auction on the website

and now I'm wondering what the next step really is. The auction is over, a guy won, but I haven't gotten his payment (I don't know if I need to send him the bank account number and routing number, or if it's the one that's automatically associated with my account)...I do know I need to verify his payment before shipping it, but does that just mean seeing the funds come through in my account? And the final value fee, is that always 10%? I know ebay gets a chunk, but I don't know if that's consistent.

Sorry if I seem like a real idiot here, but if I don't ask now, it could boil over into something worse
2 years ago#2
Supposed to go into your PayPal account.

PayPal takes something like 30 cents and 2-3%
eBay fees, listing fees and some percentage of closing price as FVF.
not always the same percentage..
depends top seller/powersellers get some percent off.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

says 10%

---
Chief Scientician
2 years ago#3
Okay, cool. I was confused because the account I have listed with ebay is my bank account, but it's linked with my paypal. So I guess I just wait until I see the payment on my paypal, and then I'll ship the item.
2 years ago#4
And if he doesn't pay, be sure to cancel the transaction to get your eBay fee back. Otherwise, they'll charge you for it even though you didn't get paid.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ebay Question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived