This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

about a year playing PC games. Issue with the community (the "Master race")

#11_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 12/28/2013 5:14:15 AM
You have to take the master race thing with a grain of salt. Mostly, it is self-ridicule. Even when it is not, it is just a joke.

I find that the community you are talking about has less to do with the platform, and more to do with the forum you are on.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#12ShadowAngel85xPosted 12/28/2013 5:40:08 AM
bigbadharry posted...
If anything PC gamers are probably the peasants not dropping $60 + on new games buying a new console every few years because the old one broke, paying for online access etc etc

So, paying 60 for a game, then paying more for DLCs plus paying for Online access (Xbox Gold) is "more clever" than don't having to pay to play games online and getting games for 1/4 of the price?

Does this proof that most console gamers are dumb and don't even see how they get milked? :D

I mean most mainstream or "AAA" titles aren't worth 60 by far. They aren't even worth half the money. I mean, it's always sequel after sequel without innovations, without new ideas, without anything interesting that caters to a casual gamer audience that needs to have their hand hold and lead through the games.

At least on the PC i get a ton of interesting indie games, games that are creative, that are actually fun to play.

It's just obvious that the PC is the ultimate gaming machine. You only need 1 PC to play games from every developer. You can play all games every released, be it a game from 1985, 1998 or 2010.
With consoles. You have to buy a ton of them to be able to play all the games. I know because i own 27 consoles.
The only thing consoles have going for them is the cheap price and the longevity
#13HugoNikanorPosted 12/28/2013 5:49:53 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Everyone on the internet is 12 years old.

---
3DS FC: 3179-6108-955
Friend Safari Rock: Barbaracle, Corsola, Boldore
#14SpideyknightPosted 12/28/2013 6:00:15 AM
2/10, go back to consoles.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#15AlleRacingPosted 12/28/2013 6:00:40 AM
The 'master race' thing originated from a (at the time anyway) mainly console player using it as a pejorative. It immediately backfired and the group it was meant to disapprove of took the term as their own with pride.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#16Majoras_pantsPosted 12/28/2013 6:04:37 AM
Don't like it? Go back to Consoles and play bad games.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#17FaPaThYPosted 12/28/2013 6:10:10 AM(edited)
You can thank your friend Yahtzee for bestowing us with this magnificent title.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#18reincarnator07Posted 12/28/2013 6:13:40 AM
Those that refer to themselves as the pc master race are either fools or making an (admittedly dated) joke. Either way, you shouldn't take it seriously.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#19eternalblue02Posted 12/28/2013 6:35:45 AM
IronX87 posted...
Whenever I'm on forums about PC games or so I see these unnecessary post praising their PCs and ranting about consoles. Giving yourself the title of "Master race" they try so hard even too hard to acknowledge their superiority. Gloating is for people who aren't accustomed to winning, it just gives the impression that you are a sore loser. Yes games run better on PC but do you have to make an idiot of yourself by making a "master race" thats just foolish. I've been trying to ignore all this crap but I don't know why that I just cant, its so odious its disgusting.

Grow some skin TC. You'll never make it out in the real world with a attitude like that.
#20tigerex777Posted 12/28/2013 6:44:03 AM
TC if such things as a bunch of random people calling themselves "Master race" bother you, I have news for you, there's this whole new thing called "real world".
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64