This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

about a year playing PC games. Issue with the community (the "Master race")

#21CallmegePosted 12/28/2013 5:45:47 AM
While the PC gamers call console gamers 'kiddies' and 'immature', the PC gaming community is incredibly elitist, insular and far more antisocial than anything I've experienced on console. Also, it's packed with kiddies who think hardware=your worth as a human being.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#22Majoras_pantsPosted 12/28/2013 5:48:00 AM
Callmege posted...
While the PC gamers call console gamers 'kiddies' and 'immature', the PC gaming community is incredibly elitist, insular and far more antisocial than anything I've experienced on console. Also, it's packed with kiddies who think hardware=your worth as a human being.

console "gamers" are immature and kiddy and us PC gaming master race are superior human beings because we chose a better video game machine to play video games on. Our life priorities are obviously better organized.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#23ThatPersonGuyPosted 12/28/2013 5:51:06 AM
You know how to point out flame bait? If it reaches the front page at only three pages.
---
NEVER confuse "excuse" with "explanation", It is one of the worst mistakes people have with their judgement.
- NovaeGamer
#24IronX87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 6:29:03 AM
People are just assuming this is a flame bait/troll top because they are in denial of the PC community and how they presume that its the best while the AAA games gets released either first or exclusively on consoles. So the soreness kicks in and start bashing "peasants" and whatnot.
#25TowerBooks3192Posted 12/28/2013 6:31:26 AM
Callmege posted...

You just hang out on the wrong places. Or played games with communities that are immature. I frequent strategy gaming forums and my experiences have been pleasant.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#26IAmMC2Posted 12/28/2013 6:37:01 AM
The master race thing is almost entirely tongue in cheek, but the pride PC players have in their machine is not unwarranted since they usually build it themselves.
---
BBCEX Game Script Faq status: Started Ragna the Bloodedge main story
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#27SlaynPosted 12/28/2013 6:37:31 AM
IronX87 posted...
People are just assuming this is a flame bait/troll top because they are in denial of the PC community and how they presume that its the best while the AAA games gets released either first or exclusively on consoles. So the soreness kicks in and start bashing "peasants" and whatnot.

You sound like the exact same thing you are complaining about. Two sides of the same coin.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#28Bigj089Posted 12/28/2013 6:39:52 AM
I'd like to know where everyone that claims to see this kind of thing all the time runs across it. I see it on here only when someone on the opposite side starts it and a few actually act superior or when it's a joke. And usually joking plays a part in the first instance as well.

And honestly TC, looks like you're pretty damn sore about what equates to a big joke.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#29Darkstorm16Posted 12/28/2013 6:55:00 AM
The games have no resale value that's what I hate....say in the future I have a game that's rare.....well big bucks there, now if it's a PC game that's digital ..,,well you see where I'm going
---
PS Plus is one of the best video game rental services.
#30Majoras_pantsPosted 12/28/2013 6:57:06 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
The games have no resale value that's what I hate....say in the future I have a game that's rare.....well big bucks there, now if it's a PC game that's digital ..,,well you see where I'm going

That works both ways.

Want a game that's a few years old and out of print? People wont try to gouge you, you can buy it digitally for a fair price.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer