This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a complete newcomer to Morrowind, how should I do my first play through?

#21FoxtheSlyPosted 12/28/2013 6:41:13 PM
No matter what you decide to do, get the No Cliff Racers mod. GET IT. They are super annoying.
---
I start to think, and then I sink into the paper like I was ink;
When I'm writin' I'm trapped in between the lines, I escape when I finish the rhyme.
#22CommonJoePosted 12/28/2013 6:55:48 PM
dekou posted...
CommonJoe posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
dekou posted...
I'd install Morrowind Overhaul 3.

I wouldn't. Just get the Morrowind code patch for the fixes, and play it how it was meant to be played. It was the last Elder Scrolls game to actually be good without mods.

This. Give the game at least an hour before you start modding visuals. Even today, Morrowin'd art direction is still fantastic and it would be a shame if you didn't give yourself the time to appreciate the atmosphere the game can create without mods.

The mods don't change the atmosphere at all. They're very lore-friendly.

Depends on what mods you get. Get the vibrant texture mods and you'll end up with a very different atmosphere.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
#23-5xad0w-Posted 12/28/2013 6:59:08 PM
Build a pillow fort.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#24NingishzidaPosted 12/28/2013 7:05:05 PM
wizardmon posted...
A few protips

Easiest melee start you can get is with redguard, strength, agility, Longsword, heavy armor. (sign, the warrior) With these selected you will hit much more often, and hit really hard with two handed longswords. If you find something that you have trouble killing you can use Adrenaline Rush to help you out - just don't fall below 25 health when you use that ability as you can die from it due to the way Fortify Health works in the game.

When your fighting, keep your fatigue up and don't run into combat. Walking lets your fatigue restore, so give that a chance to fully restore before entering a battle. getting a low level healing spell isn't a bad idea - even if you aren't a dedicated magic user it's worth it incase you run out of potions, just don't rely on it in battle.

i remember when protips didn't mean "general tips from fellow amateurs that have been known by everyone for more than ten years"
#25NingishzidaPosted 12/28/2013 7:05:29 PM
-5xad0w- posted...
Build a pillow fort.

this is a protip
#26Crimson_JesusPosted 12/28/2013 7:13:01 PM
Does anyone know if there's a mod to make the UI bigger? Cause on 1080p the hud is almost impossible to see.
---
If you believe in Cthulhu and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/CrimsonJesus.jpg
#27shdwdrgnixPosted 12/28/2013 7:17:19 PM
-5xad0w- posted...
Build a pillow fort.

use a mod to make objects solid and build a bridge connecting to Solstheim made out of books
#28Inferno700Posted 12/28/2013 7:28:34 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
For me personally, the best ans only way to play through the elder scrolls games is to just go in, not use any guides or faqs, and find your way yourself. Sure, you may not have the "best build" or even skip some cool secrets, but at least you get to experience the sense of wonder and adventure that the game offers. Also, those secrets are not nearly as cool if you read about them in a guide (compared to finding them yourself), and following any sort of "build guide" and finding every overpowered weapon out there will actually make the game play less fun (no challenge).

For years I made the mistake of playing through games with this kind of "completionist" mindset. When I finally let go of it, I found that I enjoyed games much more. Particularly RPGs of any kind.

I agree 100%. However, on every play though I always go straight through for 2 OP items I just think are great (think Imperial Legion).

I always tried to 100% this game but always got a glitch that prevented me from getting it. I must have tried over 20 times. I enjoyed every bit of it though.

shdwdrgnix AC 4 was great not worrying about getting everything perfect. I let myself drift away from the main story to do whatever I felt like doing. (Pun not intended) Anything with the ship is just really fun.
---
NNID: Jesus_Is_God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436
Steam ID: Inferno700
#29Inferno700Posted 12/28/2013 7:29:50 PM
shdwdrgnix posted...
-5xad0w- posted...
Build a pillow fort.

use a mod to make objects solid and build a bridge connecting to Solstheim made out of books

Great idea! To be original though I think I'm going to use forks.
---
NNID: Jesus_Is_God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436
Steam ID: Inferno700
#30KaushadPosted 12/28/2013 7:31:46 PM
Play with nothing more than graphics mods, cut those if you want.
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.