This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People give Capcom alot of s***...

#1Vs1991Posted 12/28/2013 11:34:53 AM
But their games are well optimized. Playing RE6 and maxed at 1366x768 on a laptop with a GT635m. It looks amazing. DMC4, SF4 and RE Revelations run amazing too and look great. I try running other games like Shadow Warrior and it dips below 30 even on low settings and doesnt look as good as capcom games.

Also RE6 is an awesome game. Mercenaries mode is so guuuud
#2Fimble_the_magePosted 12/28/2013 11:39:42 AM
Capcom games are well optimized because they're designed for PC first and then ported to consoles.

People dislike them for their DLC policies and neglecting of fan-favorite game series.
---
Omegle is the worst site ever
#3JavelinPosted 12/28/2013 11:40:10 AM
Vs1991 posted...
But their games are well optimized

That's not what they get s*** for, so it's irrelevant.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#4Bikes-Posted 12/28/2013 11:41:21 AM
Considering they only just abandoned GFWL I don't think you can even give them much credit for good pc versions.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#5Bigj089Posted 12/28/2013 11:41:42 AM
Fimble_the_mage posted...
Capcom games are well optimized because they're designed for PC first and then ported to consoles.

People dislike them for their DLC policies and neglecting of fan-favorite game series.

That's my reason for not liking them. Which still stands. I'll start to rethink it if they make a Dragons Dogma 2 that's not butchered or DLC'ed to hell and back.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#6akuma634Posted 12/28/2013 11:44:04 AM
I'll never get all the whining about DLC when Capcom never was that bad about it. On disc DLC is no different from game launch day DLC, you paid for software and have no legal right to every bit of code on the disc. So what if there's 100% optional bonus content out there? Nobody has a gun to their head with the demand to buy new character skins.

My only gripe with Capcom is that they make the console version of the game and only when that's finished, they work on the PC version so the PC versions always come out 3 months or more after the console releases. It's like Ultra SFIV will be out on PS3/360 in the summer, around the time of Evo. For PC it comes out in August 2014. I wish they could do all versions at once and get PC versions out the same day as consoles.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#7Bazooka_PenguinPosted 12/28/2013 11:45:28 AM
MT Framework is good
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#8terrancejonesPosted 12/28/2013 11:57:26 AM
I think it was when I heard about the continued development for games on the mobile, and to do more in dlc that made me cry like a b'awww bunny. And I'm trying not to let my fanboyisms overpower my opinion outside of that. It is true that old games should stay old.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#9Lwaxana_TroiPosted 12/28/2013 12:09:33 PM
akuma634 posted...
I'll never get all the whining about DLC when Capcom never was that bad about it. On disc DLC is no different from game launch day DLC, you paid for software and have no legal right to every bit of code on the disc. So what if there's 100% optional bonus content out there? Nobody has a gun to their head with the demand to buy new character skins.

My only gripe with Capcom is that they make the console version of the game and only when that's finished, they work on the PC version so the PC versions always come out 3 months or more after the console releases. It's like Ultra SFIV will be out on PS3/360 in the summer, around the time of Evo. For PC it comes out in August 2014. I wish they could do all versions at once and get PC versions out the same day as consoles.

On disc dlc and day one dlc gives developers incentive to arbitrarily strip content from the game so they can sell it later for a premium.

Street Fighter vs Tekken came with a dozen DLC characters on day 1. How did they decide which characters would be DLC, and which would be included in the base game? What happens if one of the DLC characters happens to be the top tier character in the game for competitive gameplay?

Iirc, one of the Xbox One launch games is a fighting game where EVERY character is dlc.
#10TheWayOfTheGunPosted 12/28/2013 12:13:48 PM(edited)
RE 5 is also a fantastic port. Let's just forget about the Ubisoft abomination that was RE 4.

Capcom has always been one of favorite publisher/developers. It goes all the way back to Final Fight arcade.

---
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg