This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People give Capcom alot of s***...

#31ChocoXCheesePosted 12/28/2013 4:42:05 PM
No physical copies for Ace Attorney Dual Destinies. The whole stink over that Megaman game. Day-one DLC. On-disc DLC. I couldn't care less if their games are "well optimized" or whatever the hell you're talking about. It's their greedy, anti-consumer decisions and policies that piss me off.
---
The Official Gabriel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#32JKatarnPosted 12/28/2013 4:55:10 PM
daemon_dan posted...
How about this as a slap to the face? Dead Rising 3 was originally being created by the devs with high end PCs as a focal point, because the dev team had a bigger vision for DR3 and only high end PCs could deliver that. Then Microsoft came in and basically threw money into the Capcom higer-ups faces and said "Make it Xbone exclusive!!!" So the higher-ups forced the devs' hands, and we have a dumbed down version of a game that was supposed to be focused toward PCs. The administration of Capcom slapped us, and their own dev teams, right in th face with that move

Umm, yeah....which is the more likely of these two hypothetical scenarios:

1.) Microsoft "throwing money" in the face of Capcom "higer-ups"

2.) Capcom looking at their data and deciding instead of catering to the 2-3% of the PC market (in itself much smaller than the console market) that own high-end gaming PCs, they would sell to the huge console market.

Yeah....I'm going to go with #2.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#33el_tercer_poderPosted 12/28/2013 4:55:51 PM
Loshadt posted...
I don't give Capcom s*** for their PC ports, I give them s*** for being Japanese EA. Rehashing, Day 1 DLC, on-disk DLC, killing beloved franchises, and generally just being dicks.

Capcom deserves every ounce of ridicule and vitriol they get, they are a bad company and don't deserve a dime.

Funny, I was debating between Capcom and Square-Enix for the title of "Japanese EA" earlier.

After much thought, Capcom is easily the one to get it.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#34khaled_786Posted 12/28/2013 5:43:27 PM
JKatarn posted...
daemon_dan posted...
How about this as a slap to the face? Dead Rising 3 was originally being created by the devs with high end PCs as a focal point, because the dev team had a bigger vision for DR3 and only high end PCs could deliver that. Then Microsoft came in and basically threw money into the Capcom higer-ups faces and said "Make it Xbone exclusive!!!" So the higher-ups forced the devs' hands, and we have a dumbed down version of a game that was supposed to be focused toward PCs. The administration of Capcom slapped us, and their own dev teams, right in th face with that move

2.) Capcom looking at their data and deciding instead of catering to the 2-3% of the PC market (in itself much smaller than the console market) that own high-end gaming PCs, they would sell to the huge console market.

Except its Xbox One exclusive. The Xbone has 2 million (a bit more now) potential consumers, versus the PC market which is, at the moment, arguably bigger. You can argue that it's a long term strategy, but at the moment Capcom aren't exactly in the position to be doing that. Thus, the Microsoft "throwing money" in the face of Capcom "higer-ups" is the most likely reasoning.

Or maybe cocaine really is a hell of a drug.
---
"It's all part of the plan..."
#35BlueRamzaPosted 12/28/2013 8:42:19 PM
Capcom never released the complete version of Re5. Worst they never released Dead Rising 1 for the PC. Capcom is a sleazy company that doesn't give a **** about it's fans. And for those of you who think I'm being extreme, two words "Asura wrath"

Now Capcom is pull the same crap it always does with Dead Rising 3. I swear, if PC gamers don't get a PC port / release of DR3 I will never buy a Capcom game again.
---
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
#36ClouddxPosted 12/28/2013 8:43:37 PM
Yeh, now try and play the Split Screen Co-Op on RE6, it's an abomination.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#37AlleRacingPosted 12/28/2013 8:47:39 PM
Loshadt posted...
I don't give Capcom s*** for their PC ports, I give them s*** for being Japanese EA. Rehashing, Day 1 DLC, on-disk DLC, killing beloved franchises, and generally just being dicks.

Capcom deserves every ounce of ridicule and vitriol they get, they are a bad company and don't deserve a dime.

This. Exactly this.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#38DarkZV2BetaPosted 12/28/2013 9:07:08 PM
akuma634 posted...
I'll never get all the whining about DLC when Capcom never was that bad about it. On disc DLC is no different from game launch day DLC, you paid for software and have no legal right to every bit of code on the disc. So what if there's 100% optional bonus content out there? Nobody has a gun to their head with the demand to buy new character skins.

My only gripe with Capcom is that they make the console version of the game and only when that's finished, they work on the PC version so the PC versions always come out 3 months or more after the console releases. It's like Ultra SFIV will be out on PS3/360 in the summer, around the time of Evo. For PC it comes out in August 2014. I wish they could do all versions at once and get PC versions out the same day as consoles.

Actually, they make the PC version first, then port it to consoles, then wait for several months, THEN release it for PC
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#39daemon_danPosted 12/28/2013 11:15:04 PM
khaled_786 posted...
JKatarn posted...
daemon_dan posted...

Except its Xbox One exclusive. The Xbone has 2 million (a bit more now) potential consumers, versus the PC market which is, at the moment, arguably bigger. You can argue that it's a long term strategy, but at the moment Capcom aren't exactly in the position to be doing that. Thus, the Microsoft "throwing money" in the face of Capcom "higer-ups" is the most likely reasoning.

Or maybe cocaine really is a hell of a drug.

"The game was revealed as originally being developed with high-end PCs in mind so the team could realise their expanded vision for the series, before Microsoft offered to partner with them for it to become an Xbox One launch exclusive."

Yeah. It's exactly what f***ing happened
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#40Chaos_MissilePosted 12/28/2013 11:16:17 PM
ChocoXCheese posted...
No physical copies for Ace Attorney Dual Destinies. The whole stink over that Megaman game. Day-one DLC. On-disc DLC. I couldn't care less if their games are "well optimized" or whatever the hell you're talking about. It's their greedy, anti-consumer decisions and policies that piss me off.

When people complain about Capcom regarding Megaman, Legends 3 wasnt the only reason, though it's the biggest:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_Universe
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Rockman_Online

Together with Legends 3, all canceled within a span of 6 months
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008