This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just gonna put this out there...

#1daemon_danPosted 12/28/2013 1:31:23 PM
The dualshock 4 controller is really, really nice. And there's a fanmade x-input wrapper that even supports rumble, LED lightbar adjustment, and the touchpad. Feels really nice in the hands and feels damn solid. I'd suggest to anyone who's on the fence about one picking one up. Best controller I've used in the last 8 years by far.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#2TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 12/28/2013 1:34:35 PM(edited)
What does the touchpad do on PC when you use the wrapper to get it working?

Are L2 and R2 good? Does it have multiple increments (like in GTA IV, if you hold down the aim button half-way it goes into free aim; all the way makes you lock onto targets)?
---
Steam: Sydite
#3__Cam__Posted 12/28/2013 1:48:02 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...

Are L2 and R2 good? Does it have multiple increments (like in GTA IV, if you hold down the aim button half-way it goes into free aim; all the way makes you lock onto targets)?

The L2 and R2 triggers are VASTLY improved. They feel like actual triggers, they have weight to them, and they work just find. The rest of the buttons are digital, but the triggers and sticks (duh) are analog.

As for the touchpad, you can press it anywhere to act as a button (similar to a Blackberry Storm if you've ever used one), but people are figuring out how to properly use it. IIRC there's a group of devs working on having the touchpad be compatible with DS emulation.
---
You're awesome.
#4daemon_dan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 1:56:31 PM
__Cam__ posted...
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...

The L2 and R2 triggers are VASTLY improved. They feel like actual triggers, they have weight to them, and they work just find. The rest of the buttons are digital, but the triggers and sticks (duh) are analog.

As for the touchpad, you can press it anywhere to act as a button (similar to a Blackberry Storm if you've ever used one), but people are figuring out how to properly use it. IIRC there's a group of devs working on having the touchpad be compatible with DS emulation.

This. So much this. Thank you for answering while I was in the shower :3
---
#5fataliPosted 12/28/2013 1:57:17 PM
I don't like the joysticks in the DS4, they felt better as they were in the previous models. Everything else feels fine, I have been playing a lot with it.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#6daemon_dan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 2:01:21 PM
fatali posted...
I don't like the joysticks in the DS4, they felt better as they were in the previous models. Everything else feels fine, I have been playing a lot with it.

What don't you like about the sticks? I think they're one of my favorite improvements as my thumbs would often collide while using the DS3. (not trying to argue that they're better, just wanna get your take on it)
---
#7VanUltimaPosted 12/28/2013 2:01:42 PM
It feels like a Xbox controller remolded into PlayStation style and it's awesome. I like the Xbox controller because of my big hands and hated dual shock because of how small it was. But sony got the message and the new controller is so much bigger and the new sticks are perfect. Never liked the old mushroom style of the ps2 ps3 sticks.
---
CM HAF 912/FX-8320 @3.5 GHz/Asus M5A97 LE R2.0/HIS IceQ Turbo HD 7870 2GB/16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Ram/OCZ ModXstream 500W/120GB SSD 1TB HDD/H70 Cooler
#8Dollarman_2005Posted 12/28/2013 2:02:31 PM
fatali posted...

always felt the joysticks on the ds2 and 3 were loose and the deadzone felt bigger and as a result felt sloppier for aiming anything.
#9DoomInternPosted 12/28/2013 2:03:55 PM
Tag. Good info.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#10fataliPosted 12/28/2013 5:49:27 PM
daemon_dan posted...
fatali posted...

What don't you like about the sticks? I think they're one of my favorite improvements as my thumbs would often collide while using the DS3. (not trying to argue that they're better, just wanna get your take on it)

I don't like the shape, I had no problems with the old design.

The new one feels like the stick is tiny.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.