This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

horrible topic i know, but...

#1g_lethalPosted 12/28/2013 4:23:58 PM
I just found the wonderful world of trainers!

im not a cheater, well, yeah i sorta am? i'll beat a game legit the first time but after that i wanna have some fun, be a bad*ss, ive only played on pc for right over a year, at first because i wanted the prettiest/better version of a game and i lost 2 ps3's and all saves.

once achievements came about my precious codebreakers and such were pushed aside, i look at my ps1/2 collection and its massive more than 200 games at last count, my ps3/360 collection......22 games combined, those cheats gave me infinite replay value, i could enjoy a rpg just for the story with no grinding or really feel like an unstoppable kratos, health be damned! and now pc gaming gave me back that glory without having to input 56 lines of code to have max mana:)

dont judge me, i only use them for sp games, just beat max payne 3(did you know youll kill more than 1200 dudes?) now im on metro 2033, its mesmerizing what pc gaming brings to the table far as really exploring a game
---
"Remember Me" is awesome
#2_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 12/28/2013 4:31:27 PM
For me personally, I feel like a lack of challenge can really ruin a game. I even go as far as to avoid playing games a certain way because it kills any feeling of suspense. I went "sniper" in Mass Effect, and the entire game I was just one-shotting people. I went archier/stealth in Skyrim and the same thing. I would much rather play through a game when there is some sort of challenge, especially if the gameplay is good (the mentioned games not being the best examples of that).
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#3g_lethal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 4:41:37 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
For me personally, I feel like a lack of challenge can really ruin a game. I even go as far as to avoid playing games a certain way because it kills any feeling of suspense. I went "sniper" in Mass Effect, and the entire game I was just one-shotting people. I went archier/stealth in Skyrim and the same thing. I would much rather play through a game when there is some sort of challenge, especially if the gameplay is good (the mentioned games not being the best examples of that).

i understand that, but alot of times for me when a game is beaten i may wanna replay, but theres that thought of "i dont wanna be level 1 again" for 90% of games i beat it with no help but after that i dont see the point in struggling through it again, i know in this age of achievement addicts my reasoning is twisted, but codes use to be the reason why i kept a game
---
"Remember Me" is awesome
#4PhilOnDezPosted 12/28/2013 4:43:51 PM
I enjoy being an unstoppable monster but only if it's something I've 'earned' via what the game offers. Being a soldier in ME1/3 is a pretty good example, you're nothing special at the start of the game but by the time you unlock your tier 2 class choices you can have 80% damage reduction 100% of the time with high damage weapons that never need reloading/cooling.

Another example would be Dead Space 2's Hand Cannon. I went straight from normal to hardcore. I had a few stupid deaths in hardcore, the worst was disabling gravity in the Church's morgue and immediately flying into a fan moving at 2 miles an hour that ripped me into a thousand pieces instantly, and that was insanely frustrating due to how that mode works (No checkpoints, 3 saves, Hard's enemy damage/health, Zealot's resource drops) but once I cleared hardcore I went to get the achievement for Zealot mode with the handcannon, I cleared the game in a bit over 4 hours with 0 deaths and loved every single second of it.

I just don't get any satisfaction out of truly being invincible though, especially if that comes from clicking a button to enable a cheat.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#5g_lethal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 4:52:27 PM
i guess nowadays since every game is toddler easy that my outlook seems strange, i guess devs now tweak their games so no matter what youre always on level with the enemy, at least pc still gives me the option to open the games hood though
---
"Remember Me" is awesome