This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to check data usage from individual computers on a LAN?

#1PokenubPosted 12/28/2013 5:01:04 PM
Trying to find the culprit who keeps mass downloading when the internet's cap is about to run out, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any software that would let me know which location all the downloading is coming from.

Cheers.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Not looking forward to any games now.
#2DragnfyrPosted 12/28/2013 5:13:03 PM
I think it's only possible if everyone is connected to the same router.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
#3Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 5:14:25 PM
Dragnfyr posted...
I think it's only possible if everyone is connected to the same router.

They are, however at one point there is another wireless router in the mix.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Not looking forward to any games now.
#4wizardmonPosted 12/28/2013 5:29:23 PM
Be sure randoms aren't connecting to your wireless router - mac authenticate it. If your paying for the internet then don't allow people to willy nilly download past the ISPs limitations on your account, inform everyone that you are allowing to use the connection of the limitations. Depending on the router, you can set up a cap warning page that will start sending people to a "Your limit is almost up" or tell it to send you an email when it's at a set % of your cap.

Personally, if your router doesn't allow you to see who is using data on your network, I would just unplug everyone but you (the payer of the internet) when the cap is about to run out.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)