This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cant tell if i'm getting carpal tunnel... or tennis elbow....

#11somebody336Posted 12/28/2013 7:02:46 PM
killkount posted...
Go see a doctor then. This is just GameFAQS. Pretty sure I haven't met a doctor on here yet, at least it's never been mentioned and i've been here for ten years.

*Coughs*
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
#12Moorish_IdolPosted 12/28/2013 8:02:57 PM
somebody336 posted...
killkount posted...
Go see a doctor then. This is just GameFAQS. Pretty sure I haven't met a doctor on here yet, at least it's never been mentioned and i've been here for ten years.

*Coughs*

You should see a doctor.
#13SchwubPosted 12/28/2013 8:08:10 PM
LOL you can't just go see a doctor if you just stated "nothing actually hurts or anything"
Can you imagine how that conversation would turn out?

What brings you here today?
I feel like I'm on the verge of developing carpal tunnel syndrome.
Do you feel any pain?
No, I just feel like it's gonna come any day now...
Okay...well, the best advice I can give is to stay clear of repetitive motions like using the computer for extended periods of time.
#14PhilOnDezPosted 12/28/2013 8:26:24 PM
Schwub posted...
LOL you can't just go see a doctor if you just stated "nothing actually hurts or anything"

Do you feel any pain?
Okay...well, the best advice I can give is to stay clear of repetitive motions like using the computer for extended periods of time.

You're the reason people shouldn't even consider talking about medical problems on public forums. You're basically bullying him into waiting until he has severe symptoms before going to the doctor instead of preventing anything from getting bad in the first place, whether you realize it or not.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#15IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 9:07:51 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
Schwub posted...

Do you feel any pain?

You're the reason people shouldn't even consider talking about medical problems on public forums. You're basically bullying him into waiting until he has severe symptoms before going to the doctor instead of preventing anything from getting bad in the first place, whether you realize it or not.

I know a moron when I see one, trust me lol. This guy doesn't seem to realize that the longer you wait to get these type of things checked out, the greater risk you have of getting lasting damage. Better safe than sorry.
---
Just another day in the life of Jimmy Nuttrin
#16SchwubPosted 12/28/2013 9:24:31 PM(edited)
Sorry for sharing my take on it, I thought you wanted input/opinions, well mine came from growing up in a household where there was no medical insurance, I have never gone to the doctor, not even when I snapped my wrist. Paying 100+ dollars to see the doctor just isn't in my blood unless its really affecting my everyday activities.

edit: and hold on a sec
, "bullying him until he has severe symptoms", uhhh, no, don't twist my words. He currently has NO symptoms. If he had something I wouldn't have been against it. As of now he's only gonna get some advice (that I have given as well as the internet can suffice) and be dismissed.
#17IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 9:23:31 PM
Schwub posted...
Sorry for sharing my take on it, I thought you wanted input/opinions, well mine came from growing up in a household where there was no medical insurance, I have never gone to the doctor, not even when I snapped my wrist. Paying 100+ dollars to see the doctor just isn't in my blood unless its really affecting my everyday activities.

Oh well my bad. You're comment seems less antagonistic now that I see your point of view. Normally when things about my body are acting up, I just ignore it and it goes away. This seems like something that could be really serious, so i'm definitely going to get it checked out.
---
Just another day in the life of Jimmy Nuttrin
#18HighOnPhazonPosted 12/28/2013 9:25:14 PM
Guys, I slept with this random girl and now it stings when I pee, should I go to the doctor?
---
PC / WII U / 3DS
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#19monkmithPosted 12/28/2013 10:40:54 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...

Well I think i'm in the development stages. They say a symptom of tennis elbow is numbness in your pinky finger.. Which is what I had a couple weeks ago, but then I toned my tennis down and got better. Now lately i've been using my PC a lot more, while playing tennis. Now I've been feeling different sensations... Hmm...

I think it's typing that's most likely causing problems.

Man this sucks, especiallly since I've been trying to get into drawing a lot lately, and I just got 1000$ worth of PC parts... My first non crappy PC...

I hope this wont end up being long lasting... I really need to get this checked out.

yeah, numbness in your fingertips is a symptom of about 1000+ things, some way more alarming than tennis elbow.

ok, a quick run through your problem. when you flex and extend your arm at the elbow, does it hurt? how bout when you roll your wrist?

HighOnPhazon posted...

Guys, I slept with this random girl and now it stings when I pee, should I go to the doctor?

be prepared, the treatment for your malady is really painful.

http://www.medicalantiques.com/civilwar/Site_Navigation/medimages3/Civil_War_Goodyear_syringe_1861-65.JPG
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#20PhilOnDezPosted 12/28/2013 10:54:53 PM
Schwub posted...

edit: and hold on a sec
, "bullying him until he has severe symptoms", uhhh, no, don't twist my words. He currently has NO symptoms. If he had something I wouldn't have been against it. As of now he's only gonna get some advice (that I have given as well as the internet can suffice) and be dismissed.

IcyFlamez96 posted...
They say a symptom of tennis elbow is numbness in your pinky finger.. Which is what I had a couple weeks ago, but then I toned my tennis down and got better. Now lately i've been using my PC a lot more, while playing tennis. Now I've been feeling different sensations... Hmm...

Well nothing has made me close to going "OW" but I do feel sensations. I hope you weren't implying that this isn't anything to concern myself with. I want to stop this before it gets serious.

Literally two posts where he's described symptoms, however minor.

As for twisting words, read my post again. I didn't say anything about bullying him into severe symptoms. I said you were bullying him into inaction (whether you realize it or not) which could lead to severe symptoms, especially since he already has a history with at the very least tennis elbow.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez