This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth getting a GTX 780 Windforce right now for $500?

#1ConkerPosted 12/28/2013 7:10:54 PM
Anyone know how cards prices usually work around this time of the year? I can wait a bit but if I wait a couple months or more I might as well be looking at new series cards.

Don't want to regret spending the money now if these can be had for under $500, or if I should expect a rebate soon (right now it doesn't have one), and if there should be price drops shortly after the holiday shopping season.

The 3 games offer is a nice bonus though, as I have all the games from the AMD one but none of the Nvidia ones.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#2AltmadragonPosted 12/28/2013 7:13:11 PM
780 probably won't see a price drop until 800 line up or 290/x inflation falls an non-reference cards are all out.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#3Conker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 7:17:33 PM
So you think it's worth getting for $500 right now? I actually have $150 credit with Amazon I was going to use, but it's out of stock atm but will ship when they get them in. Just not sure if I want to hold off until January when there might be other new year deals or such...do shops usually have deals on cards after the holidays? I haven't ever bought a card around this time of year, actually always been in the Spring with a new launch.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#4AltmadragonPosted 12/28/2013 7:19:54 PM
Wait until they come back in stock you never know why crazy deal could pop up on New Year's Eve or later on. You're not losing out since they aren't even in stock ATM.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#5Combo MasterPosted 12/28/2013 7:25:58 PM
You have waited over 7 months since the release to consider getting one and 2 months since the price drop when it is now sold out. Probably best just to wait till the new cards next year.
---
Combo Master
#6LusoryPrimePosted 12/28/2013 7:36:36 PM
A few weeks ago the Lightning and Classified were at $520 or so. If you can get one of those you should.
---
PSN ID: Lusory_Prime | Steam: LusoryPrime
#7Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 12/28/2013 7:40:59 PM
Conker posted...
So you think it's worth getting for $500 right now? I actually have $150 credit with Amazon I was going to use, but it's out of stock atm but will ship when they get them in. Just not sure if I want to hold off until January when there might be other new year deals or such...do shops usually have deals on cards after the holidays? I haven't ever bought a card around this time of year, actually always been in the Spring with a new launch.


Its instock on newegg. Same price too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125471

But im assuming you only want to buy it with the credit right?
#8Conker(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 12:11:17 AM
Combo Master posted...
You have waited over 7 months since the release to consider getting one and 2 months since the price drop when it is now sold out. Probably best just to wait till the new cards next year.


I didn't wait 7 months...not sure how you come to that conclusion just because a product has been available. Up until two months ago I had a 670 I was happy with and never expected to get a higher tier card such as the 780. I just realized it was within my budget now because of extra money I have and the credit I have with Amazon. Otherwise I had been looking at cards such as the 280x or 770. Not that I can disagree that it may still be best to wait.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!