This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trials Evolution has the worst soundtrack in gaming history

#21daemon_danPosted 12/28/2013 9:07:51 PM
revolver posted...
killkount posted...
backpacker? <_< sage francis? I just don't like mainstream garbage that all sounds the same.

A backpacker is a certain type of hip hop fan......check it out on urban dictionary.

Rap is one of the few genres where a lot of the mainstream artists are actually some of the most talented. It's always been like this. Artists like Nas, Biggie, Wu Tang, Outkast, Eminem and yes, even Kanye or Asap Rocky are all on a whole different level than most underground rap. Just because you aren't into them lyrically, their delivery and flow is unbeatable, which is why they've achieved legendary status.

I listen to the lesser known artists too because they often bring a style to the table you won't get with the mainstream stuff, but just because it doesn't interest you lyrically doesn't mean it's garbage. Good hip hop is good hip hop.

I'm pretty sure that the reason popular hip hop and rap are, in fact, popular, is because the fanbase is usually too dumb to understand that the "artists" they listen to have no musical talent, often sample other people's music to use as their rhythms, and next to nothing in the rap world has anything poignant to say
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#22ClouddxPosted 12/28/2013 9:08:59 PM
daemon_dan posted...
revolver posted...
killkount posted...
backpacker? <_< sage francis? I just don't like mainstream garbage that all sounds the same.

A backpacker is a certain type of hip hop fan......check it out on urban dictionary.

Rap is one of the few genres where a lot of the mainstream artists are actually some of the most talented. It's always been like this. Artists like Nas, Biggie, Wu Tang, Outkast, Eminem and yes, even Kanye or Asap Rocky are all on a whole different level than most underground rap. Just because you aren't into them lyrically, their delivery and flow is unbeatable, which is why they've achieved legendary status.

I listen to the lesser known artists too because they often bring a style to the table you won't get with the mainstream stuff, but just because it doesn't interest you lyrically doesn't mean it's garbage. Good hip hop is good hip hop.

I'm pretty sure that the reason popular hip hop and rap are, in fact, popular, is because the fanbase is usually too dumb to understand that the "artists" they listen to have no musical talent, often sample other people's music to use as their rhythms, and next to nothing in the rap world has anything poignant to say

Immortal Technique, enough said.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#23killkountPosted 12/28/2013 9:12:34 PM
revolver posted...
killkount posted...

Yea, and they were all good back in the day, but now it's all crap.

mac dre would be ashamed of this rap game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#24chase1234lifePosted 12/28/2013 9:13:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_emGbVPzEw

Remember when we was kids?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life
#25revolver(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 9:20:11 PM
Clouddx posted...

Immortal Technique, enough said.

yeah he's good if you're into teenage conspiracy theories.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 4 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#26revolver(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 9:25:22 PM
chase1234life posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_emGbVPzEw

Remember when we was kids?

Thanks for that, I haven't listened to quasimoto in years. Pretty out there, but fun stuff :)
---
#27BcowmanPosted 12/28/2013 9:31:00 PM
revolver posted...
killkount posted...

Just lol.
#28my_name_is_EdPosted 12/28/2013 9:56:25 PM
Bcowman posted...
revolver posted...
killkount posted...

Just lol.

This.
---
#29Lonestar2000Posted 12/28/2013 9:58:55 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
Eminem is a rap god. No one else can compete with him.

That is all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#30revolver(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 10:09:43 PM
Bcowman posted...

Just lol.

Care to elaborate ? What rappers are technically better than nas, biggie outkast or Eminem? Hmmm maybe big l is on the same level but I was listing mainstream rappers.
---