This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it weird that I think BLOPS 2 actually looks kinda good?

#11killkountPosted 12/28/2013 9:54:29 PM
DerPancake posted...
Loshadt posted...
Looks decent, plays like ass. I wish MW2 wasn't the new standard-bearer for the series.

Why does it play like ass? The game is very well optimized in every system, except on the WiiU which runs it well but worse than the 360, the hit detection is excellent, the only little problem is the netcode in where you die even after you reach cover or behind a wall, but even Battlefield 3/4 has this and they have dedicated servers.

That s*** is f***ing annoying too. Sometimes it seems I can be a good 5 feet behind the wall and still get blasted.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#12LoshadtPosted 12/28/2013 9:58:50 PM(edited)
I meant the game itself was ass. Just my opinion mind you, but everything after and including MW2 was absolutely awful. CoD has always been a fairly fast paced series, but MW2 jumped the shark with ridiculous killstreaks and a "everything being overpowered means nothing is overpowered" approach to balancing. Every game after it took inspiration from that style of gameplay rather than CoD 4's and WaW's more reasonably paced and grounded gameplay.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#13Orestes417Posted 12/28/2013 9:59:53 PM
BO2 has dedicated servers, they just aren't player operated at least on PC. It's also a mistake to say they're the same game every time. There's more systems changes between releases than they get credit for, it's just the premise and community that feels the same.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#14DerPancakePosted 12/28/2013 10:20:59 PM
Loshadt posted...
I meant the game itself was ass. Just my opinion mind you, but everything after and including MW2 was absolutely awful. CoD has always been a fairly fast paced series, but MW2 jumped the shark with ridiculous killstreaks and a "everything being overpowered means nothing is overpowered" approach to balancing. Every game after it took inspiration from that style of gameplay rather than CoD 4's and WaW's more reasonably paced and grounded gameplay.

I though u ment like the game doesn't work or has a lot of technical problems.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#15ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 10:33:31 PM
I feel BLOPS 2 kind of grounded the gameplay by nerfing killstreaks a bit.

Or at least it feels like they did. They're a lot less frequent.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | i7-4770K | GTX 780 | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3 | Corsair 850W| Cooler Master Full Tower | Seagate 3TB Drive | LG Blu-Ray Drive |
#16Knight2520Posted 12/28/2013 11:50:51 PM
Loshadt posted...
WaW's more reasonably paced and grounded gameplay.

MP40 says hi.
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-