This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Using a controller for gaming

#11ClouddxPosted 12/28/2013 11:43:00 PM
That's prob the dynamic lighting on the TV.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#12DV8ingSourcesPosted 12/28/2013 11:45:37 PM
Clouddx posted...
That's prob the dynamic lighting on the TV.

Yeah it might be but it should be updating that quickly. Having a feedback loop of sorts is a funny thought though. Automatic dimming because its too bright on the screen which lights up the room then too dark because it dimmed itself a little too much... I turn off those features on my tvs.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#13SinisterSlayPosted 12/28/2013 11:52:03 PM(edited)
I don't know how people shoot on a gamepad.
I've been trying it, but just can't get the hang of it. I tried in Tomb Raider 2013, couldn't hit a dang thing, tried in sleeping dogs, hopeless to shoot out tires while driving. I couldn't even do the quick fire in batman arkham city.
How the heck do you guys aim? its so darn slow and awkward, taking like endless minor stick movements to get the cursor over the enemy, that by the time I have they have killed me 1000 times over.
Tried in portal, couldn't do it, couldn't accurately aim while falling.

These same tasks are frighteningly easy on a mouse. I score head shots and tire shots with a 90% hit ratio easily. And I'm playing on an old plasma with nearly 100ms input lag and my mouse is sitting on the couch cushion and I have a mini digital keyboard on my lap.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#14Arsene-LupinPosted 12/29/2013 12:10:03 AM
I know, right? How strange is it that you'd be more skilled with an input device you've had tens of thousands of hours of practice with than one you've hardly used at all? Super strange, that's how strange it is.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#15ClouddxPosted 12/29/2013 12:12:08 AM
Quote:I know, right? How strange is it that you'd be more skilled with an input device you've had tens of thousands of hours of practice with than one you've hardly used at all? Super strange, that's how strange it is.
@Arsene-Lupin

Not even, I've been playing games on consoles my whole life and even when I first switched to KB+M I was more accurate.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#16SinisterSlayPosted 12/29/2013 12:30:11 AM
Clouddx posted...
Quote:I know, right? How strange is it that you'd be more skilled with an input device you've had tens of thousands of hours of practice with than one you've hardly used at all? Super strange, that's how strange it is.
@Arsene-Lupin

Not even, I've been playing games on consoles my whole life and even when I first switched to KB+M I was more accurate.

Same, I use a gamepad more than I use a mouse and keyboard. I have been using gamepads and joy sticks since 1995 on PC, and since 1990 on the intelivision and Atari 2600.

I can't aim a gun like this, and yet I can aim with a joystick in ship combat, I used a joy stick in mech warrior 3.
Is my problem just that the gamepad joy stick is too small, or that the pad itself is way to small and I can't figure out how to hold the thing properly?

So far out of all my gamepads, this is the only one I have ever truly liked and could figure out how to hold it and use it for hours and hours without strain.
http://i.imgur.com/Zg2tP76.png
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#17SlaynPosted 12/29/2013 4:07:02 AM
Use xbox 360 controller, or you can get programs for a dualshock 3, whichever you prefer. No one will really care if you use one unless you go online in an FPS and start sucking with a controller.

Or if you tried to play Starcraft 2 with one. God help you....
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505