This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what's the consensus around here on Titanfall?

#1GTL581Posted 12/28/2013 11:16:22 PM
it never really struck me as anything special, maybe fun for a few matches, but i'd never buy it before playing it for myself unlike most games i get these days. back at e3 it seemed to gain A LOT of hype, and is one of the most looked forward to games on the xbox, but i can't for the life of me see why. what do you guys think of it? anyone really looking forward to it, and why?
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#2SteamsterPosted 12/28/2013 11:23:57 PM
GTL581 posted...
back at e3 it seemed to gain A LOT of hype, and is one of the most looked forward to games on the xbox, but i can't for the life of me see why.

Have you even tried to figure it out?

The development team is lead by the people that lead the Modern Warfare team. CoD4 was a ridiculously significant game whether you like it or not, and Titanfall is them doing what they want instead of copy+pasting that formula.

Of course it was going to get hyped.
#3ClouddxPosted 12/28/2013 11:25:25 PM
Hopefully should be good, but I'm hearing the consoles are already struggling to run it at the settings the Devs want.

Hopefully this doesn't mean much for PC users.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#4DV8ingSourcesPosted 12/28/2013 11:27:19 PM
Quite interested... It looks like what a faster paced brink would have been if it were good, in regards to the parkour at least. Jet packs, wall running, and mechs should add just enough 'new' to feel fresh. Still, I'll wait on reviews from people I trust first before buying.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#5killkountPosted 12/28/2013 11:27:51 PM
Steamster posted...
GTL581 posted...
back at e3 it seemed to gain A LOT of hype, and is one of the most looked forward to games on the xbox, but i can't for the life of me see why.

Have you even tried to figure it out?

The development team is lead by the people that lead the Modern Warfare team. CoD4 was a ridiculously significant game whether you like it or not, and Titanfall is them doing what they want instead of copy+pasting that formula.

Of course it was going to get hyped.

YEAH! This time they're making CoD. But with mechs, zomg!

nah, looks fun in all seriousness. I hope the mechs feel like mechs instead of a taller person though. Know what I mean?
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#6Orestes417Posted 12/29/2013 1:19:54 AM
Won't have an opinion till launch, but it'd be a good slot in for the battlefield off years
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#7FeatherwindPosted 12/29/2013 3:34:32 AM
I don't understand the hype either. I'm not saying it can't be a good game and I think it does have some meaningful features that could be good such as wall running and jet packs but I'm not sure about the mechs. As far as I know its just a standard (this is not a bad thing) FPS with a mech shaped vehicle in it. Generally FPS games don't focus on vehicles because there is such a "disconnect" between the on-foot FPS gameplay and vehicle gameplay especially since for the sake of realism the vehicles need to have certain traits that might not make sense from a gameplay standpoint (big and easily visible, realistic limited movement, slow turning speed etc). Hard to balance, hard to not make them annoying, hard to make them fit in the maps and so on. Especially on PC where you can turn and aim faster and more precisely.

To me it seems like they focused on the mechs just because the concept kinda sounds cool and not because they had some revolutionary and good vehicle gameplay in mind. They can be good but no reason to get excited yet.
---
pathological
#8-5xad0w-Posted 12/29/2013 4:01:28 AM
Eh.

Only thing I really know about it so far is that, generally speaking, XB1 people laud it and PS4 people say it won't be that great.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#9Flaktrooper123Posted 12/29/2013 4:16:28 AM
So, is it going to be BF2142 with new graphics?
#10Ivany2008Posted 12/29/2013 4:31:55 AM
Think of it this way. The group of people that left the evility of Activision to start producing this game no longer have to worry about guys like Bobby Kotick to bind their hands because of money discrepancies, or time constraints.

That being said, they are now working with EA. EA is known as the devil in pretty much any industry and that's been proven with their current status as one of the worlds worst companies(thanks again EA for buying the rights to NFL football gaming solely to your garbage Madden Franchise. But..... they tend to throw more money in the direction of their game developers and give them less constraints than companies like Activision.

I'm sure it will be very successful. Though I still long for the days of Mech Warrior, Blast Corps and a couple other Mech based games.