This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what's the consensus around here on Titanfall?

#21ArkonBladePosted 12/29/2013 8:39:18 AM
It looks interesting. I am not a big online player these days either and it does have me interested to try it out. which is pretty rare that any game can do that any more.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#22grampamurkedPosted 12/29/2013 8:44:36 AM
The hype is because COD has grown stale an a new twitch shooter is DESPERATELY needed. On top of that it's made by the creators of COD4 Modern Warfare.

On the Xbox I fully expect it to stomp COD. Can't speak for pc
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: H8laggers
#23DaedalusExPosted 12/29/2013 9:01:29 AM
Regenerating health? Two weapon system? Scripted, on-rails gameplay? Objective markers? Point showers and unlock treadmill?

Yes, what a breath of fresh air!

I'm sorry, how is this anything more than CoD w/ mechs and parkour?
#24mycousinvinniePosted 12/29/2013 9:03:56 AM
pure multiplayer if I want to do that I would play a real mech game like hawken
#25darkdragon_9600Posted 12/29/2013 9:04:43 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
Regenerating health? Two weapon system? Scripted, on-rails gameplay? Objective markers? Point showers and unlock treadmill?

Hm...because it's MP only, so no on-rails and objective markers?
---
3DS FC: 0576-4794-4713. Has Shuckle, Magcargo, and Nosepass
http://www.youtube.com/lukedubr for Warframe videos!
#26grampamurkedPosted 12/29/2013 9:09:12 AM
DaedalusEx posted...

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. The game is online only multiplayer. Like it or not it will sell a bazillion copies if it's anywhere near as refreshing as COD4 was when it released.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: H8laggers
#27DaedalusExPosted 12/29/2013 9:17:29 AM(edited)
darkdragon_9600 posted...

And yet the point still stands. What makes this different from CoD multiplayer w/ mechs and increased mobility?
#28akuma634Posted 12/29/2013 9:19:21 AM
Ever since the E3 premier, I haven't been impressed. It looks like any other FPS game but with mechs. People are hyping it up as the second coming but I don't see it. Look at the hype for Homefront, everyone thought it would change the genre forever because it's about North Korea invading the US, and sure enough it was mediocre. I don't hate COD or regenerating health, I mean you usually get dropped in seconds with regenerating health as opposed to taking way more damage in games with health packs, it's just Titanfall doesn't look like the FPS revolution just because there's more sci-fi themes than Black Ops 2.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#29darkdragon_9600Posted 12/29/2013 9:36:04 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
darkdragon_9600 posted...

And yet the point still stands. What makes this different from CoD multiplayer w/ mechs and increased mobility?

Mechs and Mobility can change quite a lot, the Parkour itself adds another vertical approach to the combat.. WaW felt different then CoD4 in the few maps that featured tanks.

Titanfall can be Call of Duty 4 all over again, with the 2 things CoD is lacking: quality and new features.

That might not be the greatest thing ever, but for anyone who enjoyed CoD4 and saw the crap the new ones became, it's something.
---
3DS FC: 0576-4794-4713. Has Shuckle, Magcargo, and Nosepass
http://www.youtube.com/lukedubr for Warframe videos!
#30Born LuckyPosted 12/29/2013 10:16:54 AM
Steamster posted...
The development team is lead by the people that lead the Modern Warfare team.

So . . the people that make the crap, generic shooter clones that are ruining the quality and diversity in the gaming industry are leading the team that made it . ?

Is that supposed to impress people?
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot