This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

when a truck simulator is one of the best PC games of the year...

#11TeritoclonePosted 12/29/2013 2:32:26 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
Boge posted...
How's that fun?

The fun comes from the progression and the feeling that you did something. I suppose its more the feeling of accomplishment and relaxing nature of the sim that's appealing moreso than straight up 'fun'. Why is sim city fun (for those of us that don't use cheats and bring on disasters)? Are you just lacking the drive to try it? eh eh eh? Get it? Drive? Okay... going to bed now.

Edit: To clarify, there is a whole lot of progression and empire building in the game. You start off renting trucks and not being able to haul anything dangerous or large and need to take small trips. You slowly gain levels and unlock those restrictions while also making enough money to buy your own truck. Then you can buy garages, more trucks, hire drivers, level those drivers up and continue to grow... There is a surprising amount of depth to the sim beyond just driving.

Holy, I want that game now
---
Kevin sent me.
PSN: Tigermisu
#12AllHailTheDead6Posted 12/29/2013 2:36:10 AM
Boge posted...
You just drive. How's that fun? It would be pretty sweet to get in different cars and cruise around the country, break some speed limits or something.

What is this GTA? Go back to your console kiddie.
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#13IBKNAWTUPosted 12/29/2013 2:51:41 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
Boge posted...
How's that fun?

The fun comes from the progression and the feeling that you did something. I suppose its more the feeling of accomplishment and relaxing nature of the sim that's appealing moreso than straight up 'fun'. Why is sim city fun (for those of us that don't use cheats and bring on disasters)? Are you just lacking the drive to try it? eh eh eh? Get it? Drive? Okay... going to bed now.

Edit: To clarify, there is a whole lot of progression and empire building in the game. You start off renting trucks and not being able to haul anything dangerous or large and need to take small trips. You slowly gain levels and unlock those restrictions while also making enough money to buy your own truck. Then you can buy garages, more trucks, hire drivers, level those drivers up and continue to grow... There is a surprising amount of depth to the sim beyond just driving.

Waiting for the next Eurotruck Sim after the Oculus Rift comes out. Haven't played this one just because I don't think I have the time to commit to it. Once I've got the rift though all bets are off.
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#14BogePosted 12/29/2013 2:53:24 AM
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
Boge posted...
You just drive. How's that fun? It would be pretty sweet to get in different cars and cruise around the country, break some speed limits or something.

What is this GTA? Go back to your console kiddie.

That's a rather rude thing to say to your (probably) elder.
---
And so he prophesied that the sheeple will follow the stupid, and the stupid will rule the Earth.
#15DerPancake(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 2:54:54 AM
IBKNAWTU posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Boge posted...
How's that fun?

Waiting for the next Eurotruck Sim after the Oculus Rift comes out. Haven't played this one just because I don't think I have the time to commit to it. Once I've got the rift though all bets are off.

I hope its AmericanTruck, not Euro.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.