This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Zeno Clash 2 worth buying?

#1AllmatteredPosted 12/28/2013 11:49:11 PM
The first game was rather enjoyable for me so is the sequel any much of an improvement or just worse?
#2ClouddxPosted 12/28/2013 11:51:37 PM
I heard the 2nd one was worse in every way.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#3xKANONxPosted 12/28/2013 11:52:57 PM
PoS
#4PokenubPosted 12/29/2013 12:01:25 AM
Really? You enjoyed the first game? I honestly thought they both were horrible..
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Not looking forward to any games now.
#5Allmattered(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 12:06:59 AM
Pokenub posted...
Really? You enjoyed the first game? I honestly thought they both were horrible..

Well I guess it will be the opposite for me then. One thing I noticed was most of the positive reviews were from people that did enjoy the first game while those that pan it are those that didn't like the first game.
#6DragonRaizenPosted 12/29/2013 7:15:34 AM
Playing through it right now.
I feel the first was a nice idea that didn't overstay its welcome.
2 is starting to stretch too thin. Sidequests, allies... I'm just blazing through the story in order to get it over with. That combat gimmicky is already getting old.
The golem weapons are cool though.
Story is intriguing IMO, but awfully paced/written.
So, IMO, save your money.
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#7SpazH3dPosted 12/29/2013 7:22:39 AM
Pokenub posted...

You again! Give us reasons, please.
---
- My vision is augmented
#8PokenubPosted 12/29/2013 7:31:46 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Pokenub posted...

You again! Give us reasons, please.

Me again. To be honest, it could be the fact its simply not my style of game, so that could have something to do with it. It sounded interesting, but the game is just so darn tedious, the story seems very uninteresting and to be honest, with a price tag of 15 dollars normally for Zeno Clash 2 (half price atm it seems), I could get a ton of better games for that same price.

Obviously I can only ever judge it as having gotten it from a humble bundle, meaning I wasn't even buying the games for Zeno Clash, but it just seems like a bad attempt at modifying existing genres.

Note: This has been my opinion, obviously my opinion can be completely wrong when compared to other peoples opinion.

Also: it may have been me, but the game seems poorly optimised. At the moment I'm only running a onboard graphics card while waiting for my R9 290X, however I can play so many other games with a decent resolution and no issues, but Zeno Clash 2 was running a bit poorly.
---
#9PokenubPosted 12/29/2013 7:35:25 AM
Allmattered posted...
Pokenub posted...

Well I guess it will be the opposite for me then. One thing I noticed was most of the positive reviews were from people that did enjoy the first game while those that pan it are those that didn't like the first game.

Indeed, I may be the wrong type of person to give my opinion on this, if you liked the first, I don't see why you won't like the second, it seemed incredibly similar, although I do admit the first was amusing for at least 15 minutes for me. The second wore off alot faster.
---
#10anthrax360xPosted 12/29/2013 10:00:22 AM
You could have got it in the last humble bundle... it wasn't even a BTA game...
---
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.