This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the hell? Nobody told me you needed a UPlay account --

#11Orestes417Posted 12/29/2013 1:29:21 AM
I'm quite the opposite and find nothing more obscenely stupid than using a loader to chainload a loader.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#12Ork_HeroPosted 12/29/2013 1:30:56 AM(edited)
Fair point, I guess I'm more annoyed that I have to go through two DRM for Uplay games on Steam, which is why I think it's obnoxious
---
'Ere we go!
UK gamer girl
#13BendoHendoPosted 12/29/2013 1:32:00 AM
Once again, pirates get a hassle free experience, while paying customers have to jump through loopholes to enjoy their game.
#14Orestes417Posted 12/29/2013 1:32:34 AM
Not able to skip the steam phase entirely and just invoke uplay?
---
#15ZazabarPosted 12/29/2013 1:32:45 AM
I honestly had no problems whatsoever with GFWL. It never crashed, used too much memory, deny access to a game or whatever problems everyone else had with it.
---
http://www.xfire.com/profile/zazabar/ http://raptr.com/Zazabar/wall
You'll see...I'll still be Andy's favorite toy. >:)
#16DV8ingSourcesPosted 12/29/2013 1:35:24 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Not able to skip the steam phase entirely and just invoke uplay?

I don't think so. I believe I tried that once and it actually asked me to launch the game via steam. I think they use steam as the drm and use uplay as another filter they can use to add their own patches and advertising... Ideally I would get rid of all other clients completely and just have steam. Even more ideally steam wouldn't be owned by a game developer.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#17Orestes417Posted 12/29/2013 1:41:10 AM
Making me glad I got the steamless deal on amazon thanksgiving then
---
#18steveboblarryPosted 12/29/2013 2:36:56 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Making me glad I got the steamless deal on amazon thanksgiving then

EA DEFENSE FORCE ACTIVATE!!!!!
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#19arleasPosted 12/29/2013 2:51:00 AM(edited)
EA DEFENSE FORCE ACTIVATE!!!!!

I've seen you say this right after an Orestes post one too many times. I think you should take a break from posting and/or just put him on ignore for a while. Alternately, just tag him as "EA DEFENSE FORCE" and then you can read that aloud every time you see his posts and save yourself the trouble of posting it.

Inb4 Orestes417 DEFENSE FORCE ACTIVATE!!!!

Also: Uplay is annoying and I wish I could dispense with it altogether. It's not that I like it because there's nothing really redeeming about it. I especially hate the fact that the game doesn't update until UPlay updates it. If I don't play Far Cry 3 for a while or whatever and they update the game, I'll launch it thinking I can jump right in and play and find out that I have to update it instead. :( I guess it's a good thing that Ubisoft doesn't update their games a whole lot.

That's part of the appeal of steam is that my games update when they need to and I can just jump right in and play without having to wait. Thanks Uplay...er.. I mean Obama!

At the same time: the other reason I use Steam is for the social aspect of it... If I can't easily post screenshots of my game or statuses, or reviews or whatever, then f*** it. The only thing Uplay has over Origin is that I can somewhat easily do all that social crap, where with Origin I guess I'd have to add the game to steam as a non steam game and hope that it worked?
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#20thegreatsquarePosted 12/29/2013 3:31:52 AM
This is why I only use Uplay for Ubisoft games and Origin for EA games, everything else is Steam.
---
ASUS G73jh i7 720/Mobility HD 5870/6GB DDR3 1404MHz/Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid HDD