This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the hell? Nobody told me you needed a UPlay account --

#21SlaynPosted 12/29/2013 4:33:06 AM
It is stated at the bottom of system requirements, but it is at the VERY bottom, and there really is no reason that I ever read system requirements with my PC. It should be stated large and in bold somewhere.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#22SpazH3dPosted 12/29/2013 5:53:48 AM
Hey CardigansFan, you need an Uplay account to play Ubisoft games. You're welcome, mate.
---
- My vision is augmented
#23steveboblarryPosted 12/29/2013 9:49:40 AM
arleas posted...
EA DEFENSE FORCE ACTIVATE!!!!!

I've seen you say this right after an Orestes post one too many times. I think you should take a break from posting and/or just put him on ignore for a while. Alternately, just tag him as "EA DEFENSE FORCE" and then you can read that aloud every time you see his posts and save yourself the trouble of posting it.

Inb4 Orestes417 DEFENSE FORCE ACTIVATE!!!!

Also: Uplay is annoying and I wish I could dispense with it altogether. It's not that I like it because there's nothing really redeeming about it. I especially hate the fact that the game doesn't update until UPlay updates it. If I don't play Far Cry 3 for a while or whatever and they update the game, I'll launch it thinking I can jump right in and play and find out that I have to update it instead. :( I guess it's a good thing that Ubisoft doesn't update their games a whole lot.

That's part of the appeal of steam is that my games update when they need to and I can just jump right in and play without having to wait. Thanks Uplay...er.. I mean Obama!

At the same time: the other reason I use Steam is for the social aspect of it... If I can't easily post screenshots of my game or statuses, or reviews or whatever, then f*** it. The only thing Uplay has over Origin is that I can somewhat easily do all that social crap, where with Origin I guess I'd have to add the game to steam as a non steam game and hope that it worked?

But it makes me giggle
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#24KidInTheHallPosted 12/29/2013 9:50:39 AM
I told you about it.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750