This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the hell? Nobody told me you needed a UPlay account --

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What the hell? Nobody told me you needed a UPlay account --
2 years ago#21
It is stated at the bottom of system requirements, but it is at the VERY bottom, and there really is no reason that I ever read system requirements with my PC. It should be stated large and in bold somewhere.
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
2 years ago#22
Hey CardigansFan, you need an Uplay account to play Ubisoft games. You're welcome, mate.
- My vision is augmented
2 years ago#23
arleas posted...

I've seen you say this right after an Orestes post one too many times. I think you should take a break from posting and/or just put him on ignore for a while. Alternately, just tag him as "EA DEFENSE FORCE" and then you can read that aloud every time you see his posts and save yourself the trouble of posting it.

Also: Uplay is annoying and I wish I could dispense with it altogether. It's not that I like it because there's nothing really redeeming about it. I especially hate the fact that the game doesn't update until UPlay updates it. If I don't play Far Cry 3 for a while or whatever and they update the game, I'll launch it thinking I can jump right in and play and find out that I have to update it instead. :( I guess it's a good thing that Ubisoft doesn't update their games a whole lot.

That's part of the appeal of steam is that my games update when they need to and I can just jump right in and play without having to wait. Thanks I mean Obama!

At the same time: the other reason I use Steam is for the social aspect of it... If I can't easily post screenshots of my game or statuses, or reviews or whatever, then f*** it. The only thing Uplay has over Origin is that I can somewhat easily do all that social crap, where with Origin I guess I'd have to add the game to steam as a non steam game and hope that it worked?

But it makes me giggle
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
2 years ago#24
I told you about it.
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What the hell? Nobody told me you needed a UPlay account --

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived