This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First time building a PC, problem getting an output.

#1Ultoman2Posted 12/29/2013 8:30:42 AM
Alright, so I've frankensteined my build together outside the case, but whenever I plug HDMI or VGA into the motherboard, it doesn't recognize it. I've tried 2 TV's and an older monitor, and neither worked. I tried using my graphics card, and it recognizes the HDMI in/output but nothing is displayed. My HDD already has a copy of Windows 7 HP on it, and I've gotten that to load once, and I installed a few drivers before I had to reset it.

However, I've still never seen the BIOS. Motherboard Logo shows up and it tells me to press F2 to open UEFI, my speaker beeps, no vision.

I'm not getting POST beeps from my speaker either, so it's either running and I have no vision of it, or my motherboard speaker doesn't give post beeps.

I'm really out of ideas, any help is appreciated.

Here's my Build:

Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor
ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card
Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

And for quick reference to my build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2pRi7

Thanks in advance everyone
---
History is only as accurate as the Author of the Book.
#2PokenubPosted 12/29/2013 8:33:06 AM
As a last resort (assuming no one else can help you), try taking parts out, bit by bit until it loads normally. Once you've found the problem part, try putting it back in.

Bit of a last resort, but it will at least get you somewhere.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Not looking forward to any games now.
#3PokenubPosted 12/29/2013 8:34:52 AM
Pokenub posted...
As a last resort (assuming no one else can help you), try taking parts out, bit by bit until it loads normally. Once you've found the problem part, try putting it back in.

Re-read what you said if you're getting the POST beeps, start with the graphics card, make sure you have it placed correctly.. And check the connection into the monitor, as stupid as it sounds, I had my old computer monitor unplugged and didn't realise it was :X
#4doctoglethorpePosted 12/29/2013 8:40:27 AM
Do you take the GPU out entirely when you try to get video out of the mobo?
#5Flaktrooper123Posted 12/29/2013 8:45:23 AM
Doublecheck some of the connectors.

Did you plug in the HDMI/VGA connector to the one on the GPU? Ensure you don't instead plug it into the motherboard socket.

Did you plug in the GPU power cord? The 7770 8pin or 6pin power connector is in the back rather than on the top, so it is rather easy to miss.
#6ShubPosted 12/29/2013 8:47:17 AM
Since you're having video issues, I would take the 7770 out of the equation entirely and see if you can get a signal using your onboard graphics. I suggest using VGA, not HDMI.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#7Ultoman2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 8:50:48 AM(edited)
Pokenub posted...

I'm in the process of doing this, but I did get Windows to load once, which made me feel everything was working properly, hardware wise. It could be possible part of the motherboard is faulty, I'm not sure.

doctoglethorpe posted...
Do you take the GPU out entirely when you try to get video out of the mobo?

Yes, I did try this a few times before you mentioned it, I assumed it might have been taking priority over the mobo, but again, I'm new and unsure.

Shub posted...
Since you're having video issues, I would take the 7770 out of the equation entirely and see if you can get a signal using your onboard graphics. I suggest using VGA, not HDMI.

Alright, will do.
---
#8Ultoman2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 9:02:05 AM
Ok, I've gone through the "Take everything out bit by bit" portion of this and got 3 beeps from my mobo speaker after I'd taken everything but the cpu out, trying to find out what this means but I'm having difficulties. I suppose I'll try ASRock's website.
---
#9ShubPosted 12/29/2013 9:03:32 AM
Your motherboard's manual should have all the info you need.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#10simpfan2k6Posted 12/29/2013 11:38:37 AM
This may not help you right now, but once this problem is fixed I HIGHLY recommend wiping out your HDD and installing a fresh copy of windows. You will run into a lot of problems if you don't. Such as, freezing, BSOD's, and other weird issues.
---
Phenom II 960T, ?, 8gig Ripjaws, Corsair cx430, Source 210.