This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any way to (automatically) change mouse sensitivity for specific games?

#1Arsene-LupinPosted 12/29/2013 4:15:36 PM
80/80.

I have a hard time playing a lot of the really old games from GOG (Dragon Pass, HOMM3, Ultima) because they display at a MUCH lower resolution, which results in cursor movement being way too sensitive/fast. Is there any way to set up my PC to automatically adjust mouse settings when I launch these games so I don't have to go through all the setting manually each time I open and close one?
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#2ivanwind15Posted 12/29/2013 4:23:18 PM
These games don have a mouse sensitivity option?

Otherwise, no.
---
My gaming Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
#3squeeb1985Posted 12/29/2013 4:23:47 PM
Buy a gaming mouse? I know that Logitech mice can do that using their software, and most gaming mice also have adjustable dpi which can be used to achieve the same effect.
---
i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz | 6950 2GB | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 840 Pro 256 GB | Win8 Pro 64
GT: Beastwood5
#4Arsene-Lupin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 4:23:59 PM
Nope.

They're really old games.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#5bkkorpsPosted 12/29/2013 4:24:00 PM
depends on your mouse. I have a g500 and I can create profiles for different games that are automatically detected when the game starts.
---
Religion is like circumcision. If you wait until someone is 21 to tell them about it, they probably won't be interested.
#6Arsene-Lupin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 8:13:24 PM
I just have a logitech m510. Never really saw the appeal of gaming mice--always figured they were for people who took FPS games way too ****ing seriously. May have to reconsider that. Are there any good, relatively cheap, wireless gaming mice that would accommodate me that any of you fine people are aware of?
---