This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Bulletstorm get so much hate?

#1sonicteam2k1Posted 12/29/2013 8:25:39 PM
I love it, many don't. Sad, no Bulletstorm 2 :-/
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#2Incendia_IntusPosted 12/29/2013 8:28:06 PM
I enjoyed it. It wasn't amazing or anything, but I had fun with it for a couple playthroughs.
---
All childish acts of aggression, shall be handled with laughter.
#3TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 12/29/2013 8:29:11 PM(edited)
GFWL.

EA.
---
Steam: Sydite
#4DV8ingSourcesPosted 12/29/2013 8:31:06 PM
It lost its charm fast for me. Saying Dick is entertaining only so many times. The mechanics were good again for a while but dragged on with nothing new throughout the majority of the game. It was always lasso guy, kick into this, rinse repeat. I understand that most games are repetitive but with the constant score being thrown in your face, it became the focus of the game and to be quite honest, there just wasn't enough there to be the focus.

What they needed was less juvenile writing while still keeping the humor and a more interesting scoring system. Some sort of legitimate progression system would probably have kept me more interested as well... the upgrades were lacking imo.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#5AllmatteredPosted 12/29/2013 8:33:23 PM
Because it got no steam achievements. .__.
#6DieForMotherLandPosted 12/29/2013 8:59:21 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
It lost its charm fast for me. Saying Dick is entertaining only so many times. The mechanics were good again for a while but dragged on with nothing new throughout the majority of the game. It was always lasso guy, kick into this, rinse repeat. I understand that most games are repetitive but with the constant score being thrown in your face, it became the focus of the game and to be quite honest, there just wasn't enough there to be the focus.

What they needed was less juvenile writing while still keeping the humor and a more interesting scoring system. Some sort of legitimate progression system would probably have kept me more interested as well... the upgrades were lacking imo.

Have you played any M rated game lately? Pretty much most games M rated games out there has a whole bunch of juvenile profanity in it.
---
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara
#7DiviDudePosted 12/29/2013 11:00:25 PM
It's a silly game made in an age where gamers take themselves waaaaay too seriously.
#8my_name_is_EdPosted 12/29/2013 11:07:22 PM
DieForMotherLand posted...
DV8ingSources posted...

Have you played any M rated game lately? Pretty much most games M rated games out there has a whole bunch of juvenile profanity in it.

have you played Bulletstorm? the amount of juvenile profanity in it is rediculous
---
#9NakkaruPosted 12/30/2013 12:00:24 AM
DiviDude posted...
It's a silly game made in an age where gamers take themselves waaaaay too seriously.

This is a thing, sadly. My roommate and I played the -demo- like 25 times when it came out, trying to outdo each other's scores and laughing at some of the crazy stuff. Wasn't anything amazing, but if you wanted silly, you got it.

And as mentioned above, GFWL. Which is why I played it on console.
---
Pokemon X ~ 3668-7694-5178 ~ Braixen, Slugma [Safari]
PM me anytime! Looking for active, friendly players on 3DS and Steam [Nakkaru]
#10ADHDguitarPosted 12/30/2013 12:01:55 AM
I might like it if I could ****ing play it.

GFWL doesn't want me to.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | i7-4770K | GTX 780 | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3 | Corsair 850W| Cooler Master Full Tower | Seagate 3TB Drive | LG Blu-Ray Drive |