This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly, I LOVE Google Plus

#11QwelzaarKanePosted 12/30/2013 12:09:25 AM
arleas posted...
I'll give em this much credit: youtube comments were a mess before so almost anything they do is an improvement.

From what I've heard, they actually f***ed it up even more.
---
PSN: QwelzaarKane // http://steamcommunity.com/id/JB216/
NP: Tekken Tag 2, The Binding of Isaac, GTA V
#12JohnnyBananas26Posted 12/30/2013 1:52:47 AM
I love Google+ because of what they do with my photos and videos. Auto Awesome is amazing. Honestly, you can't treat G+ like another Facebook. It sorta is, but isn't. It's like a mix between Twitter and Facebook, but is better utilized for discussions and following news sites, blog sites, or whatever else. Hangouts is really great too.
#13ECOsvaldoPosted 12/30/2013 2:38:36 AM
Blasphemous miscreant people who support Google+!
---
PSN ID: ecosvaldo | 3DS Friend Code: 2707-1633-0103 | PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ABH
#14WyzeGyePosted 12/30/2013 3:13:12 AM
Disastersaurus posted...
WyzeGye posted...
Don't worry TC, you're not alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

the title made me lol pretty good
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#15chaos_belmontPosted 12/30/2013 3:28:19 AM
The whole point of upgrading is to make it either simpler with the same options OR more options with a slightly more demanding interface.

G+ adds a whole lot of extra demand to walk around an interface mace while adding NOTHING useful to anyone but the most vain, needy.. well, you can insert some insult that suits you.
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#16BlackMantisPosted 12/30/2013 4:21:37 AM
I won't have anything to do with Google+ due to the fact that they forced it on Youtube surreptitiously and at the same time, reduced people's anonymity. I don't comment or troll on Youtube, but I don't want my real name. This may change with the way they're implementing it now, but just the fact that they did that leads me to believe that I can't trust Google with privacy issues.
---
i5-3570k | Gigabyte Z77 UDH5 | evga GTX 680 SC | 8 gb RAM | 2TB HDD | HAF 932
#17ThePonyColliePosted 12/30/2013 4:46:16 AM
only new users like google+.
#18arleasPosted 12/30/2013 8:36:45 AM
The whole point of upgrading is to make it either simpler with the same options OR more options with a slightly more demanding interface.

G+ adds a whole lot of extra demand to walk around an interface mace while adding NOTHING useful to anyone but the most vain, needy.. well, you can insert some insult that suits you.

Not really true... I mean, when I make a comment now it's the same as it always was except now I get emails to my gmail account when I have a response to something I said on youtube. I also get email notifications when someone posts a new video (if I want to be notified... Likewise when I want to respond I can click on the little bell thing and it shows me how many responses and I can easily go back and respond to them.

Now I'm not making 507 comments per hour nor am I getting a buttload of responses to the 1 or 2 comments I do make but I have yet to see any great difficulty in getting the responses and replying to them.

I won't have anything to do with Google+ due to the fact that they forced it on Youtube surreptitiously and at the same time, reduced people's anonymity. I don't comment or troll on Youtube, but I don't want my real name. This may change with the way they're implementing it now, but just the fact that they did that leads me to believe that I can't trust Google with privacy issues.

I totally agree with the privacy thing. After the NSA scandal broke the last thing I want to do is give google more information so they can potentially use whatever against me 8 or 10 years from now or whatever... BUT I was able to keep my username on youtube just fine. All I had to do was create a google+ page instead of linking my existing google+ account to it.

It's a minor annoyance when I log in and google has to ask me who I am (my email account or my youtube account) but it doesn't tell everyone my name when I post on youtube.

Of course none of that really matters since Google already probably has enough info on me to make yearly reports to the NSA or whatever....

only new users like google+.

More like only kids who are used to spilling their guts to facebook and twitter about every event in their entire lives (not to mention taking pictures of their food so we can all see what they're eating too)
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#19OreoBoy206Posted 12/30/2013 8:51:47 AM
BlackMantis posted...

Cant you just make a fake Google+ account if you want to remain anonymous?
#20JKatarnPosted 12/30/2013 8:54:48 AM
BlackMantis posted...

On the one hand, I agree with you on the privacy front, on the other, considering the amount of flaming and useless vitriol that occurs in the comment section of more than a few videos, I can't help but think making people a bit more accountable could be a good thing in the long run.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES